I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 79 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 79

I'll have to look into that, but mlp is not what it used to be unfortunately.

I agree! I loved "forgotten friendship" and the growing bond between Sunset and Trixie, I always wanted those two to develop a good relationship and I loved how the movie/episode? presented it. If anybody could really help Trixie blossom as a better character, it's Sunset, not Starlight. I'm so glad she was absent in all of this.

Yes, my friend's mother claimed that she wanted Starlight removed from the show. I want a more confident fluttershy too but each time she's assertive, she acts in contradiction to her element, so it's difficult to maintain her continuity here as the element of kindness.
Twilight's getting a friendship school?! Didn't know that.

Unfortunately, I just get this feeling that it is indeed the case and it makes my head hurt. Lol, I'm almost tempted to become a youtuber just to do that. I see people comparing her and her fans to Justin Beiber more than Yoko.

Don't get me wrong Tempest isn't that good of a character in my eyes either, she's one of the least likable villains, she just didn't anger me as much as "Mrs. Glim Glam Sham from get the hell over it street."

I agree with you, the love these characters get just befuddles me, and it's hard to stay in the fandom cause of it.

That's probably another reason they feel the need to make new characters constantly, instead of taking a break from it. All for merchandise.
One of their worse morals is that friendship can save everyone, which is probably going to happen to chrysalis. I'd rather see her die than be reformed.

I can't blame you for being pessimistic, with all the crap that's been going on in the show, along with a central character that is a hex on the show, MLP, one of the greatest franchises ever to air of television is headed for T.V heaven. I feel like it's too late for the writers to fix things.

Actually they have a huge level of understanding and respect for each other by the end of the Forgotten Friendship special (via Sunset being put into a position Trixie is extremely familiar with).

It just played out so well in my eyes, that I would like to see more Trixie and Sunset episodes.

Pretty interesting, and I agree with pretty much of what you said, and you mentioned Sugarmac, I thought about that before, after much consideration and rewatching the episode, it's a terrible ship and the episode practically hurt Mac's character.

Also Starlight has no business teaching, why is somepony who hasn't even been here long enough teaching?! She's not student nor teacher material.
I hate how the writers keep trying to push her to be amazing.

If chrysalis gets reformed it's a sad day for us chrysalis fans.

An example of flanderization caused by Starlight, is the Princesses suddenly not seeming to have learned anything about appreciating each other after Luna's return (so Starlight has basically reversed the beginning of the entire show to some degree) and Twilight becoming a fizzing basket case just to make her seem reasonable in A Royal Problem... it gave the writers an excuse to put in Daybreaker though, and I enjoyed her, that was a rare hit for the current show:applejackconfused:

Off-topic, but I've noticed current appearances of Nightmare Moon omit her absolutely delicious voice and just use Luna's:fluttercry:

biggest thing for me is she a main char now, personal I say let her have her lime light as a villain then after either the whole Our Town thing or even let the time travel crap, throw her in cage next to what his name or stone her like they did to discord, or leave her to discord enjoyment, or send her far far far far far far away where we don't have to put up with her. and have sunset come back as perment char as twilight student.

Although Luna and Celestia were shown to squabble a little bit in slice of life, (most likely for the laughs), this episode wasn't all bad, and I did love to see an evil celestia (been waiting to see that for a long time), the fact that the princesses failed to appreciate each other (not appreciating is not the same as not noticing, so why did the writers have Starlight say that the two failed to acknowledge each other's work if it was failed appreciation?)
Why is Starlight being called on the map, wouldn't it have made more sense to call Twilight since she knows the princesses better than any pony? I guess once again, Starlight needs to be special. Also switching their cutie marks without permission was uncalled for. If she wanted their attention, she could have shouted "Listen to me!" In the loudest way possible or something. Twilight was a bit too edgy in this episode, telling Starlight she couldn't help was probably the writers way of catering to Starlight anyhow.

Mhmm, I think I know what you're talking about. Sugarmac is the worst canon couple in the show, Big Mac didn't even know her before, and we haven't seen much of her in the show anyway. Although those are my minor problems for hating this couple, what this person says, pretty much sums up why I think Hard to say anything and Sugarmac is terrible in contrary to many people thinking it's a really good ship. (I don't understand how anybody could like this ship other than it being "cute", or that we have to like it cause it's canon)
https://lopoddityart.tumblr.com/post/160674667382/what-do-you-think-about-the-bigmacsugarbelle#notes

Hehehe, yeah the song's right. I totally like it.

Yeah but what could any of us expect? It's STARLIGHT GLIMMER!!! The new best pony, the greatest thing ever to happen in the show! The most heroic most interesting character ever to steal the spotlight!

Bravo. She doesn't need to be a main character let alone deserve it, her redemption was rushed, her back story was laughably terrible for a twisted motivation, and unlike the other antagonists in the show, who payed in some way, she gets no punishment or negative consequences, she's now the princess's student in friendship just because she's powerful, yeah let's ignore everything she's just done because she's so magically gifted. We don't need Starlight because we do have Sunset, a much better developed and likable character, and Starlight just overshadows her like she overshadows Twilight.

part of me think they add her so they keep show going, since twilight became a real princess, if anything new season or set of show set same world maybe 500 or 1000 year later twilight still live in town and has her own student, who end up with the element of magic, and become friend with new pony who are the great great great ect grand children of the mane 6, and do an even split between male and female,

That's what exactly what I think, to keep the show interesting, and probably because they were running low on ideas. According to Meghan McCarthy, Twilight is a mortal alicorn (like Cadence) and will not outlive regular ponies so she won't be around in 500/ 1000 years. Ashamed that pony had to be Starlight, and I find those ideas pretty interesting.

but we don't knew she could be alive just like granny smith like, in look and acting, not all there hell first esp could be set right at or before her funeral

She'll certainly get old, if that's what the writers are aiming for, but many people against alicorn Twilight throw the argument that they think she's immortal. All her beloved friends are dead and she's still here, so the writers most likely declared her mortal to prevent this, like they want Cadence mortal so she won't outlive her husband.

not saying immortal I jus say s long living, ie let say average age of pony is 100, twilight may live to be 300 or something like that, that the whole alicorn thing give her longer lifespan but not to the 1000 year mark.

Oh I see, sorry for the misunderstanding, I get that ponies do live a long life.

My interpretation of that statement is that she won't outlive her friends in spirit

Not someone who hates ninja steel from what I watched but it's still annoying that after somethign a bit promising with dino charge, they decide to try the poor mans bulk and skull...ll sorry even making that comparison is an insult to two better comic relief characters

Still look up des Shinta a tokusatsu reviewer who is very critical of neo saban, who also dit a big retrospective on the entire .hack franchise (thanks to him I checked out .hack gu last recode since the original trilogy collectively which its a remaster of, is his favourite game of all time) plus he's a starlight hater as well

Thank you for the insight, I'll definitely look into that.

And it's certainly not an implication of the elements of rape/ harassment either -hint the sarcasm-
Man Big Mac was at his worst in this episode, and I felt like the real reason that he made her a shelf was just a last ditch effort to win her over, not because he felt bad to have caused her so much trouble.

That makes me wonder as well, I feel Mac would have to ultimately abandon sweet Apple acres, or Sugarbelle moves over there.

But to be brutally honest, I feel they only decided to put Mac with Sugarbelle because Sugarbelle looks like Big Mac's mother Pear Butter.

https://youtu.be/oghBXKHWcyw This is me when it comes to Glixie. One part cause Trixie is my favorite pony bit also I ship SunTrix with a passion

I have a different name for that although it's rather punny.

I call it TrixStar.

good name, too bad its attached to a horrible pairing

Same here. I call it Starxie.

Hmm, Let's see, After she was reformed, she still Relapsed into her villainous ways. For example:

-Mind-controlling the Mane Six in "Every Little Thing She Does" and seeing nothing wrong with what she did until Twilight told her.

-Throwing the kingdom into chaos by forcibly swapping Princess Celestia and Luna's cutie marks and powers and joking about how they had no choice in the matter in the episode "A Royal Problem".

-Encouraging Twilight to reopen her School of Friendship which Neighsay shut down for completely valid reasons such as poor management, unqualified teachers, and the students being endangered. (Ironic, ain't it? Starlight of all ponies telling someone to enforce their will, regardless of what anyone says.)

-Disturbingly studying a hypnosis book in her spare time and deciding that using it to hypnotize her own mentor was the best way to make her overcome a childhood fear in Starlight The Hypnotist.

-Formulating horrible plans that only work out of sheer dumb luck.

-Putting the changeling hive in danger by luring a monster to it into Change A Changeling.

-Again, throwing the kingdom into chaos by forcibly swapping Celestia and Luna's cutie marks and powers in the episode A Royal Problem.

-Overreacting to situations which leads to her making incredibly shitty and callous decisions

-Age-regressing Sunburst in Uncommon Bond. (Twilight even acknowledges the fact that Starlight overreacts to everything: "Starlight does have a tendency to overdo.")

-She trades away Trixie's wagon without her consent in Road To Friendship even though it didn't belong to her and thus wasn't hers to trade, seeing nothing wrong with what she did, not giving a shit about how much the trade clearly hurt Trixie, getting angry at her for rightfully being upset about it (which is flat-out emotional abuse) and only deciding to get Trixie's wagon back because she realized she couldn't pull the new wagon by herself.

And she gets off Scot-free or gets rewarded every single time either because "she meant well", she gave a feeble apology, there was conveniently a way to undo the damage she did or it only worked out in the end out of pure luck. And in spite of all these terrible and reckless decisions, she got given a massive amount of status and privilege, became allowed to stay in a member of royalty's home as their student and even become a guidance counselor at their school, along with the writers passing off these awful actions as cute personality quirks.

To Me, Starlight DESERVED to face the consequences for her actions and she NEEDED to be punished more because she didn’t face anything for what she has done as a villain, which was nearly changing the damn history of Equestria in a bad way!

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 79