I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 79 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 79

Starlight is the only mlp character who I personally can't stand, and I will discuss that in a different topic. It's difficult for me to watch the show thanks to Starlight's existence, but I recently watched rock solid friendship.
Pinkie was out of character here and I can't help but get the feeling it was once again to make Starlight look better.
Now she's better at being friends with Maud than her own sister who she was always close to, and on top of that, she was a little cunt to Pinkie Pie here and showed no remorse when Pinkie Pie ran off in shame. If I was Pinkie Pie, instead of leaving, I would have gone Pinkamena on that bitch. (Excuse my language, I seldom get this angry) She acts like she doesn't like Pinkie Pie and that really disturbs me. I ask, besides her revenge problem, what has Starlight done in an episode that really annoyed you.

You mean besides just existing and being a waste of space on the show?

Mind raping the Mane Six(sans Twilight) in order to weasel out of a friendship lesson, swapped the cutie marks of the royals sisters without their consent, need I go on?

Yeah pretty much, but yes she shouldn't even exist

Oh if you may, but those are some valid points to be made

I apologize lol I mean go on if you like and that those reasons for being annoyed are good reasons.

She also endangered the Changelings by not informing Thorax in on her and Trixie's plan(though at least she did got called out on that one).

I never knew about that...

What was the last episode you watched?

Comment posted by Cianna200 deleted Mar 7th, 2018

Shadow Play since a friend recommended it because of Starswirl the bearded, but I am guilty of skipping episodes, mainly because of Starlight's presence.

6348438 Then we are of the same mind.

Well the episode in which this happened was called "To Change A Changeling". It was a dumb episode but just hearing Shitstain Glitter getting called out on her shit was well worth it.

I heard about that episode, and the fact that they reformed the changelings didn't really sit well with me, but I am curious to see it if Starlight was made to look bad for once

I am still not fond with what the writers did to the Changelings either.

the fact that she seems to be better at friendship then the prinsess of friendship after only one season. and when she did graduate she continused to live with twilight rent free.

and she prevented trixie being twilight student. that's just something I really wanted since season 4

That makes her pretty much Mary sueish, I hate how the writers want to make her seem like the better pony than Twilight. Oh I thought she stood in the way of Sunset, not Trixie.

For me personally, Hasbro needs to keep certain villains, villains, I feel as if their plan is to one day turn Equestria into a utopia free of evil.

That's pretty much what they are doing.

That would make the show pretty boring. It would probably be no better than Barney.

Sunset doing pretty good on her own

I agree, I was speaking on behalf of those who bemoan the fact that Sunset is not in equestria as Twilight's pupil.

Trixie on the other hand could really benefit from learning about friendship from twilight as well as improving her magic

Unfortunately yes, just watch Rock Solid friendship and you'll see that Starlight steals Maud's attention is cruel towards Pinkie Pie, which is the last thing Starlight would want to do as someone who is on a path to redeem her character. It's sad that her fans believed Pinkie Pie deserved it, especially since deep down, Pinkie was just being desperate.

Yeah but he could have easily handled her better, he could have even kept her a villain, but NOOO, Starlight's too precious for that, and now she's better than Twilight (not personality wise that's for sure) in fact why not make Starlight the element of magic since she's obviously more gifted than Twilight, though Starlight sucks at friendship IMO which represents the most powerful magic. It makes sense since she was bitter and vengeful for most of her miserable life. She even seemed ready to kill (like really kill!) Trixie in a fit of unnecessary rage in "All bottled up", and that's supposed to be her best friend.

I saw the Barney movie, and It's sad I have to agree it's better, hey at least it doesn't contain Starlight

True but the show wants Starlight to do it instead, unfortunately

It's not just one episode. It could never be just one episode. Every episode she's in, she shows more and more that she is a clear and obvious writer's pet. She is given everything, never struggles, never learns, and every character around her must be written terribly to make her look better without any actual development or change.

Okay I don't think pinkie was ooc in that episode as I could easily see her trying to force a friendship to keep maud In ponyville

And I haven't go any examples everyone else haven't already put out

I could see that happening too but Pinkie showed so much enthusiasm and even failed at spotting happiness, that it was a bit over the top, even for her as many people pointed out.

I'm with you on that, especially the fact that other characters are made to look terrible just so she can get sympathy/or look better in comparison

1. Twilight, the princess of friendship, suddenly goes against that towards Trixie so Starlight could look like she is better at forgiveness.

2. The mane six including Sunset Shimmer, get captured by Juniper very easily so Starlight can be the hero.

3. Everyone gets captured by the changelings somehow so once again, Starlight can be the hero

4. Pinkie fails to bond with her sister so Starlight can do it.

Etc

Twilight, Trixie (despite her ego) and Sunset are such far better iconic characters, even characters that are supposedly bad are better than Starlight IMO.

*Gets triggered over Juniper but reels in the rage* Please don't mention that bitch's name.

Is that the one with the power to turn into a giantess or some other stupid stuff?

Yeah, she turned into a gaudy giantess.

Oh my! Didn't know you hated her that much

It's not just her but the way the entire thing was handled.

Like the fact that the mane six were so easily defeated?

Yeah, and it was up to Shitstain to rescue everyone.

"Shitstain" lol, but what's really sad, is that some people, were able to correctly predict that the usual six mane heroes and Sunset would be made useless just so Starlight could be Jesus, and I thought it was a Sunset Shimmer episode, I was excited, took my enjoyment out of the episode.

They acted like that? God, I hate Starlight's fans, the majority of them (I'm talking about butthurt ones who refuse to respect opinions) are uneducated idiots who think she's "so awesome" when she's about as awesome as Ariana Grande's tits,

Most of Starlight's fans are in deed terrible, their arguments to defend her usually are empty, and what does that really say about Starlight?
She has a terrible backstory, terrible motivation, forgiven to easily, upstages other characters, and is OP as hell, and I thought people hated characters with these qualities, what makes Mrs. Glimmer pants so special? Even her creators are pushing her to be liked. Her personality is much like Twilight's only less interesting and she's more unpleasant IMO. She keeps causing trouble, usually by using her magic to fix her problems
The mare needs serious anger management, shown many times in the show, I mean she enslaved a town because she was mad at Sunburst, and tried to destroy equestria because she was mad at Twilight. She curses three ponies because she was mad at Trixie. (All bottled up really pissed me off) To be honest, I can't understand how anybody could like her other than "oh sexy pony". No matter what she does, she's defended vehemently, I mean like really?

go apeshit over valid criticisms over their favorite shitty pony, and didn't Pinkie already bond with Maud inMaud Pie? I have a feeling in five-ten years' time Starlight's going to be one of the most hated characters in the show hopefully, she clearly is the Scrappy of MLP.

That just shows that not only has Starlight manipulated every pony in the show to like her and forgive her too easily, but manipulated half the fandom as well, and the fact that there are ponies getting bashed and Starlight getting praised despite nearly ending all of equestria over a friend leaving makes me question people's common decency. Yes Pinkie Pie did bond with Maud but forget about that! Starlight's here! She can do it better because she's the most amazing pony ever! Pinkie suddenly is bad at being friends with Maud because Starlight has to be special again! But that isn't the first time a character is trashed in order to make Starlight look like she's worth something, Twilight suddenly doesn't forgive Trixie so Starlight can make the element of friendship look like a criminal. Unfortunately, I feel as if Starlight will still be loved even if she becomes a princess, something she doesn't need, her personality and past show she's not princess material let alone worthy to be the student of the most powerful element when she clearly doesn't fully understand friendship.

FiM, even the Steel Saints inSaint Seiya(who also screwed up one of the reformations of one of the characters, giving him an undeserved redemption, but that was still better) were better, and the three of them are just the same character pointlessly added so they could sell toys.

I completely agree

Speaking of toys, it is a miracle that Starlight's toys didn't sell well at all (and that's the truth, to quote an elephant named Lotsa Heart).
The fact she's also voiced by Hitomi fromEscaflowne(a series I've started watching and love so far) doesn't help...

I'm surprised she didn't sell well, with most of the fandom kissing her feet.
I noticed her voiced changed the moment she reformed.

I'm not surprised, in fact, I'm glad that there are people aware of how terrible she is.

And the people in this group, are just some of those people. It's one of those rare cases in which haters make a lot more sense than fans.

Well it's more of a case of her being careless with her magic, still she shouldn't have let it come down to that, her anger towards Trixie in this episode was disturbing to me, everyone gets mad at their friends sometimes but dang calm down girl! Her thoughts about Trixie also screamed "self centered jerk", despite Trixie being quite a bit shallow in this episode. Although it's still not as bad as her dooming equestria just because Twilight and her friends pissed her off so much. I knew Twilight was easily annoyed in the past but she would often keep her anger in check, I didn't know it was getting worse for her (I assumed it was Fluttershy now, the writers are trying to develop her but their turning her into more of an aggressive pony which is ruining her) , as I said before that I don't watch much of the newer episodes because I hate seeing Starlight, though also because mlp is going down hill.

I wonder too, but I am aware that some people who hate Starlight just so happen to be parents. Starlight has shown that she needs counseling cause she's just not student material, let alone mature enough to try to be best friends with an arrogant unicorn, who also doesn't grasp friendship too well. (Why do so many people think their friendship, is true friendship?! And I loathe Glixie with a passion)

Believe me, in 10 years, they'll still be looking at her as best pony, ugh and she'll probably be an alicorn by than, a position that Sunset Shimmer should have, they should just end the show already.

I almost didn't watch the movie because I like many Starlight haters assumed it would center around Starlight, but I I could have been wrong, and I was thank goodness. I find Tempest easier to sympathize with over Starlight, but she too had a terrible motive for evil, a broken horn. I can't say she's just as bad though, Starlight was much more immature.
I agree, the movie was a big disappointment for me, I was bored for much of it and it just so reminds me of Lilo and Stitch to a high degree.

I can't say I like power rangers but that sounds interesting. People often compare Starlight to Chloe from Fairly odd parents (which I haven't watched for a while) they both seem to be ruining their respective shows.
I am not too fond of either but Starlight is definitely worse IMO.

Yes she is a curse, she is the biggest mistake that the writers forced into one of the best cartoons in history, half the fandom left because of her and she's be treated like the creator's pet, making it worse, I don't know how Lauren would feel about Starlight but she'll have to agree that Starlight's backstory and history are Jack awful.

It gets worse in Season 8, if the leaks are any indication.

Why do so many people think their friendship, is true friendship?! And I loathe Glixie with a passion

Fortunately, there is a much much healthier friendship for Trixie now:

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for G5 as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 79