Hazardous Writing Materials and Challenges 236 members · 336 stories
Comments ( 81 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 81

Hmm...

...Eh, what the heck. I want to promote the heck out of that story anyway, and if it isn't anachronistic enough then I have no problem with being dropped from the line-up.

Constellations

HapHazred
Group Admin
HapHazred
Group Admin

One week remaining.

Friendly reminder that all who disappoint me shall be blacklisted for all eternity. Until the next contest, at least.

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Nah. You'll have a nice note in my book. It has a D and a N on it. Don't wanna anger the book, now, do you all ? No, trust me, you don't.

4662041 I am slow. A whole minute to get the reference. I'm just hoping that I get a miraculous Around-The-World-In-80-Days scenario whereby 12:10 pm my time is only 12pm your time, and I get accepted. There is no way this plan can fail...

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Well, me and Haph are in GMT+1. Plan accordingly to escape the clock.

HapHazred
Group Admin

LAST DAY FOR SUBMISSIONS

I'll be locking the subs folder at midnight sharp using GMT. If anyone out there missed the deadline for whatever reason, send me a PM and we can try to work something out (if it's just caught between submission and approval or something).

To everyone who's participated so far, congrats. When we close everything down, we'll begin discussing stuff like, y'know, who we think was coolest. We'll post a cool thread when ready.

HapHazred
Group Admin

Contesto over! It is now September!

The month of Judging! And getting Results!

When we choose the top three stories we think were the coolest of the cool, we'll post a brand new thread. In the meantime, we recommend you all give the entries a read, and if you want to discuss them, well, this thread is available for use.

Have a good one, and thanks for participating!

4678594 Ugh, really wish I'd had time to do something for this. Well, still looking forward to looking over the entries later. :)

4678594 On that note, next one starts October?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4681722 Probably. I'm aiming to start as soon as october starts, but until this one gets judged, it's still in the air.

until this one gets judged

I think I have a serious problem. For the past three days, I've been lurking around the forum, hesitant to post anything but wanting to nonetheless. I don't even know if I can write another story until this gets judged... It's like I need to know the result before I am released from my curse, and until then, I am bound to haunt Hazardous Writing Materials, commenting occasionally and slowly turning my fingernails into nothing but nostalgic memories. Also, I have an idea for the forum, but there isn't a thread for it, so can I send a PM your way?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4683991 Sure, send a PM.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4715574 Nearly gotten through the stories. Once that's done, we'll be discussing them between the judges.

I confess I'm a bit of a slow reader. It's my understanding Verbose already finished them all.

4715602 I dread to think what will happen when there are twenty or so entrant stories. Thankfully, there are only seven. Still, you may have to hire a ghost-reader! :twilightsmile:

4715602 Alright, bit of advice, take it with a grain of salt, I'd make an update place so that people waiting on the contests can check for news. EG: Make a section on the first post that they can check. Anywho, gains and salts and such. No rush.

*Trumps away*

HapHazred
Group Admin

Just as a heads up, contest results will be up tomorrow! I'm just finishing writing stuff up, and then everything will be clear for all the world to see.

Good luck!

4734690 Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, I am really looking forward to getting some feedback on my story.

4734690 Thanks, I shall await your opinion.

Is it too late to bribe the judges?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4734743 Never.

Sorry. I'm being told that I'm supposed to refused bribes.

Should have done this by PM, Soap. Now I can't deny anything.

Comment posted by Soap Box deleted Sep 25th, 2015
Z Edgelord
Group Admin

I'm interested. If you pay in blood, that is. Or edgy stories.

Good luck! Even though mime isn't very good, i left it unfinished, oops. Well, may the best story win!:twilightsheepish:

Same to you! I don't think mine is that great and could be a bit more polished but it was fun to participate

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 81