Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
MartiantheGray
Group Admin

I used to dream of becoming a doctor before reality settled in. I used to think I could trust a group of "friends" I hardly knew with sensitive information about myself before reality settled in. I used to believe that I alone could go down in history books as a man who changed the world for the better before reality once again settled in.

There are many things I wanted out of life when I was young, when I was more idealistic, more naive. But age and experience have removed the blinders that covered my eyes when I first ventured out into the real world and witnessed its cruelty, its cold-heartedness. The removal of these blinders also allowed me to see the good side of life, though, that I hadn't bothered paying attention to when I was an inexperienced, selfish brat. With this I've grown more sympathetic to those around me, more caring toward the state of the world.

Reality has ground many of my starry-eyed goals into the dust with no remorse, but in doing so I have been shown just how much of an impact I can make by simply living and being more practical in thoughts and decisions. I both hate and love it for that.

So! Is there anything you guys have ever been denied simply because of reality decided to be a sadistic jerk? If so, what have you learned from the experience?

Yeah it did to me and I am thankful. I used to dream of becoming those so called 'Jihadist' until reality decide to kick me in the head and show me the truth. I am still religious man btw but atleast I am no longer a fanatic zealot

4384261 When I was younger I dreamed of being in the army and making a change, helping people and countries and fighting for whats right.

I did join the army but it was nothing like I expected, it was gruelling work trying to fit in. My enthusiasm really put off the instructors and my fellow recruits and made them think of me as nothing of a warmonger. When I finished Kapooka I was shipped up to Cairns where I signed up. Turned out the Battalion I'm in was a forward reconnaissance an observation unit meaning we don't get deployed. My hope was crushed because I wanted to be out there. I still want to be out there but I understand how stupid it is of me to Want to kill.

I haven't had the fortune, or misfortune, to have experience any of that yet.

4384261 Well, when I was little, I thought that the sun lowered itself into the ocean, burning away the water all the way through a massive tunnel within the earth's core, to reach the other side of the world. I was fascinated by this theory, so much so, that I just regarded it as a fact for at least two years. I never told anyone about it because there was no need to, and thus I was able to keep believing in it until I turned five, I think. Then science classes came and fucked it all up.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4384281 Never take a life until there is absolutely no other option. Give peace a try, even if it never is truly achieved. If there are peaceful resolutions to problems that don't result in the destruction of human life, then fight for those options, not for a chance to end another individual's existence.

4384295 Don't worry I'm not going to be firing a gun outside a range any time soon.

I still dream of changing the world, even after all of the ugliness and hardships.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4384325 As do I. But I know now that dreams don't become reality simply because one dreams of them. It takes a practical mind and the will to use that mind to transform those dreams into reality.

4384261 When I was young I always wanted to become an astronaut, I always thought it would be so cool to step foot on the moon. But now that I am a man I realize something, if I go to space I will have nothing to protect me from the radioactive space bear communists. I'll be heading right into there territory if I become an astronaut. Now I finally realize what I want to do with my life and that is to continue living in the funny house. In the funny house the nice people in white gave me a special jacket that wraps tight around my body like a big hug.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Then science classes came and fucked it all up.

Yeah, science tends to shatter childish hopes. But even after that, it inspires so many more.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4384351 Continue dreaming, Corey. Continue dreaming.

4384359 I shall dream of Sweetie Belle.

4384351 You are inspiration to us all.

4384375 I know, now let this pic inspire doubting bronies.

4384261 I once dreamed of being human.

4384261 I'm still going to chase my dreams.

2014 was a pretty shitty year for me. I had plenty of issues to sort out regarding friends and family, so I eventually just started contemplating death. I never quite became suicidal, but I'd often find myself thinking of scenarios where my death was inevitable, wondering how I'd feel and if anything would happen after. I've always thought poorly of suicide, it's where the hopeless few go when they've finally ran out of ways to rationalize their continued existence. It wasn't long before I somehow came to the conclusion that I really wouldn't mind dying. If there was an afterlife, I'd doubted any God would damn those who were in pain, and if there wasn't an afterlife, I wouldn't be around to complain.

So I asked myself, "Why live?" I'm notoriously lazy and I seemed incapable of breaking my depression long enough to get anything accomplished, so I figured it seemed like a pretty sound conclusion.

Then I asked myself, "Why not?"

I'm an extremely lazy and unmotivated individual, I change my mind and my interests frequently and thus never get anything done. However, with age I notice that slowly dying away. I came to the conclusion that while my life means nothing to me, I'd rather not die useless. I became heavily interested in seeing my goals completed and helping others along the way. I'm still clawing my way out of laziness, but I believe I'm getting there.

I love stories, and existence is the greatest one of them all. For me, the best path to happiness is to become highly relevant to society. A lack of meaning is something that taints men's souls with doubt. Thus I can exist happily as I influence the world in which I live. I don't really care about a stable lifestyle, money means absolutely nothing to me. I'm convinced that I can effect the world with little more than an exercised wit and a charming personality. I'll just have to work on that last one.

Well written my friend.

I used to dream becoming a doctor(and a small part of me still do), and I admit, it wasn't for some noble cause. Just cause I wanted money. Now that I'm maturing, I found that money is not everything. Now I'm wondering of what I wanted to be. I want to be a teacher, but my Mom harshly told me I will have no future in it. I want to be a proffessional writer, but I don't know if I could. I want to be a police, but I'm not sure if my family would want me to.

I am, in the very core of mineself, very very confused with the direction of my life.

Jurassic Park. But I've since grown to be okay without a pet v-raptor.

I would suggest a pet Bio-bug. May not be the same, but it's of the predator variety.

The day I realized I can't take my room with me.

Somewhere inside, I still cry about it.

I'll just eat homemade flour tortillas.

4384261 When I was a kid, I used to believe that the whole world was in black and white until the Apollo landings.

4384261 I used to dream of being of being a dad, but, then life decided to cup check me and now I'm sterile, so in other words FUCK YOU LIFE!

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

FUCK YOU LIFE!

Well, you can fuck it all you want, but you won't get her pregnant by accident, at least.

And there's always the option or adoption. Every child deserves loving parents.

4386507 Oh yeah, trust me I know adoption very well, and of course it's the option, but it's just a thing with me mentally.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25