The History 221 members · 161 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53
Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

This Era is relatively new and yet much strife has been caused. The death (leaving the site) of the Empress Patty cakes and death of the Domain has caused much sadness!

Operi Imperii I

What's "Operi Imperii I" mean?

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368155 Long live Empire. The domain was an empire (Group) that died recently so I say 'Operi Imperii I' in honor of it.

Operi Imperii I

Well its about time someone revived it then, ain't it

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368168 Can't. The last order of empress patty was for the Domain to become a grave.

Operi Imperii I

As a wise man once told me, where there's an admin there's a way. And lucky for you I happen to know an admin, just need to know what needs a fixin'

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368180 no one is allowed to revive it.

Operi Imperii I

4368147 I have not heard of such a domain, but I would like to note the destruction of Twilight's Library as a significant event for the era. Much strife was caused by such a catastrophe.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368272 Twilights library? If its in the show then I don't think it relates here.

Operi Imperii I

No, the group, one of the largest on Fimfiction. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. The group was officially terminated in January, so now the page image is of the burned-out remains of the Golden Oaks Library.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368324 No one really referenced it.

Operi Imperii I

Empress Patty cakes and death of the Domain has caused much sadness!

Happiness*
Also the The Group Dedicated To Doing Whatever We Want Whenever We Want riots.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

This timeline group... it's like two subfandoms are meeting for the first time. TL going down was my world for a week, but I've never heard of The Domain or these "giants" people talk about.

Other things to be mentioned: Other story-based groups rising to fill the void left by TL, like The Goodfic Bin and Let's Make You Known.
Ponky returned after two years.

We just need to find out the actual dates of when Ponky left and story news like the first publication date of Diaries of a Madman, and when Fallout: Equestria was first added to fimfiction.

4368147 Don't forget about the exposing of The Guardian and Friends as an alt of Theater Critic. :moustache:

4368147 Humans are Superior is going apeshit as we speak! History in the making! We (the group) lost 9 members, and not a single person knows what's going on! Chaos at it's finest!

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4375661 I'm the cause of it just so you know.

Humans are Superior is going apeshit as we speak!

As if they don't go apeshit all the time...

2013 was probably the only kind year to FIMFic, save for the epic paranoia towards original ideas.

2011-2012
Knight's coding at its faultiest, severely mishandled failtroll and hacker problems; fictions are commonly written with author's notes everywhere...except in the Author's Notes; writing styles often sped-up and dearly lacking in commas.

Decent writing styles seen and being a dick is punishable...but my God are people paranoid about original story ideas!

2014-2015
As FIMFic becomes a more respected Brony outlet, Popular FIMFic users or FIMFic users who are pals with staff, start to suffer from "popularity syndrome" and start acting above the most important rules; meanwhile, increasingly social cultural direction causes massive riots, often directly the consequences of people basically being allowed to be above the rules (a bit like how dictators pit each their peoples against each other in wars); FIMFiction now so large but staff hardly grows at all, now the site's severely understaffed.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4375734 Nah, all you need to know is that Iron saw Grey be banned and started a shitstorm crusade with my support. I actually fired the first shot and then we increased in stupidity with threads and Me and Iron posted Dislestia threads...

4375693 I know, right? Either way, we've shattered and reformed into HUMANS ARE MAGNIFICENT! Much like MDCCCXX, this will be an age of reform!

4375741 I hate you so little right now. I'm glad we have to make a new group. The old one was a bit TOO subtle of our vanity.

How? You strike me as the kind of guy I'd take to the pub and have a drink with while shouting at a match between two teams of grown men swatting little balls.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4375757 Revenge I say and its actually Iron who egged me on with spam threads such as burgers and nuggets.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4375755 I'm just glad the new one isn't run by alexar

:rainbowhuh:
I still don't get it. Whose side were you on? Why did you do that?

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4375773 noice, Between you and me we're gathering forces for an assault.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4375777 I'm on the side of the Empire of The Second Star... The splitting of HaS can benefit us in the long run.

This is the era I joined. I was actually around in 2014 too, without an account, but decided to make one early this year.

*Takes off hat* And she will be missed.

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4377767 You seeing whats happening to HaS?

All to well, i'm a member of both group's. Still loyal to Alexer though.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

I myself have never had much trouble with Alexer, I dont mind him he dont mind me.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4377852 Yeah well HaM has Voting!

4368147 On April 15, the site is brought down temporarily by a DDOS attack. The attack later spreads to other Brony websites, which update their security measures as a result.

Mega NewWays97
Group Admin

4368147 this week displaced attempts to create order. So far no one has yet to leave.... Wait I was wrong.

Julia
Group Admin

bump

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4368147 In August, two big events happened in the groups 'Foalcon' and 'Sunset Shimmer'.

In Foalcon, there was an author who had her story unknowingly added to the group and she wanted it removed because 'eww, foalcon', and Flutterpony didn't take too kindly to that. Flutter felt that the story should stay because it is a valid story to add, and hated that the author was labeling the whole group as pedos in a way. It became a heated argument involving many members. Eventually, the founder of the group had to step in and stop it. He instituted new rules, including one that says if an author wants their story removed, it will be removed. As a result of all this, a separate 'Foalcon' group was created, for members who didn't want to be a part of the original anymore.

In Sunset Shimmer, Cryosite wanted to gain some semblance of control over the threads of the group, because for some odd reason, there was none. She wanted to lock a lot of repetitive and moronic threads, and then localize major discussions about Sunset to a few sticky threads. This had come after two threads made by a VERY immature member, and something had to be done. Cryosite's idea didn't have the warmest reception however, and some members felt that she was being a dictator of sorts by not discussing the decision with the members first hand. It became a slightly heated argument, but it ended before it got out of hand. Another mod of the group, Albinocorn, stepped in and instituted Cryosite's idea with some changes. Only some of the threads would be locked, and there would be a directory for members to look to if they wanted to find different discussions about Sunset. Any repetitive or quite frankly, dumb threads, would be locked if they are made.

Julia
Group Admin

wonderful:heart:

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4675135 So I'm trying to add what happened over in 'Sunset Shimmer' to the front page, but I don't know how to add a bullet point to the post, how do I do that?

Julia
Group Admin

copy and paste one of these: •

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 53