Night Glider 382 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

What do you think Night Glider's Cutie Mark means?

4240039 I can't tell what it is, probably something that symbolizes how she is the daughter of Spitfire and Soarin. :pinkiecrazy:

4240054 Nah, the colors wouldn't be that palette.

4240058 The hair color resembles Cloudchaser or Flitter's mane though.

4240065 Oh yeah! :pinkiehappy: So anyways, what is her cutie mark? It looked like a disc to me.

Her cutie mark is a moon surrounded by two feathers. I think it would fit her name. :applejackunsure:

Manaphy
Group Admin

4240039 As 4240343 said, it's a crescent moon surrounded by two feathers. I'd guess that her cutie mark represents night flying. As such, she likely has great vision during the night and has some level of flying prowess. How talented her flying skills are can be debated, but that's probably what I'd go with given what we know of her. :twilightsmile:

4240122 Okay, so we THINK it's a crescent moon surrounded by two feathers.
If it is for night flying, then why would she fly at night?
ALSO, here's some awesome art by someone who did a closer observation of the cutie mark, it seems to be a bit different then our first thoughts. Click on the picture to make it larger.

Source

4240636 Maybe she has keen night senses, like owls do?

Rainedash
Group Admin

Maybe she has some night vision, or just really likes the dark.

4240817 Both interesting philosophies, but what if she's a member of Luna's guard? That would be all the more epic.

4240867 But wouldn't Luna notice if her guard went missing and then investigate the village?

4240877 Considering not even Twilight knew about it, I'd think it was a well kept secret, also considering it's location.

4240881 True, true. But it was easy for them to access it, and Starlight mentioned-
I'm really tired, I can't present my evidence. :ajsleepy:

4240896 It was easy to access it when they knew where it was.

4240901 But Starlight mentioned other ponies had come to the village before. Even if it was kinda hard to find, they weren't trying to hide themselves.

4240445 I think her talent has something to do with props. The two bars outside of the crescent moon could control its angle or what phase it's in, since you can see there's another bar on the bottom attaching them to the moon, according to the picture 4240636 used. It's also possible that she's a lead chorographer, since the waxing crescent (the position her cutie mark is in) comes first in a lunar phase, (not counting a new moon) but this one's a bit of a stretch, since this only holds weight under the assumption that her cutie mark represents show business. Just thought I could share a crazy idea.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4240039 It means she's made of awesome. :moustache:

4243705 Okay, I'm going with this, it's fucking awesome.

4245189 :pinkiehappy: Thank you! Glad I could help!

I would like to bring up the radical theory that she can glide very well at night.
That is all.

As I already mentioned in another thread, because I overlooked this one :facehoof:, what I would really like is her being the Equestrian version of Neil Armstrong who will become the first pony on the moon.

I know that this is a bit unlikely given the technology level, but hell, a lot can happen with magitech. She would also be a prime candidate should a space agency be opened, since the NASA also primarily recruited traditional pilots in the early days.

4247526 Now then, this topic seems interesting, since ponies are usually rather inactive during the nighttime. If anything, I have a theory that she was lost in the darkness of night as a filly, but was able to manes through the darkness and make it back home. That's the head canon I have right now, but let me explain my theory.

I believe that Night Glider has an advanced sense of perception, meaning that her sight is slightly more increased, as opposed to other ponies in the darkness. If that's the case, then she's a very unique Pegasus from the rest, as most Pegasi are only active during daylight. That being said, her perception might be equal to, less than, or better than that of Luna and her Batponies. And while I can't confirm that, it would make sense, since her name's Night Glider.

Despite her name, that doesn't mean she can only fly at night, as the Season Premiere demonstrated. But if I could say anything about her flight, it would have to be that I believe her flying skills are enhanced in the darkness. She's also impressive at flying, being on the level of Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust in a sense, which is something that not all Pegasi are capable of. She's shown that she can stay on a moving target and do everything she can to avoid letting it out of her sight, which is a very good quality for most Pegasi in Equestria.

Oh, and Tennis? I'd love to see a fanfic where Night Glider enrols in the Wonderbolt Academy, not just to see what Spitfire thinks of her skills, but also as a sort of Rainight fic in a way...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25