The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

Honestly, flat earthers are peak stupid. Give me Creationists and antivaxxers any day of the week, but with flat earthers, they come up with such baffling idiocy that I just can't. They are dizzying.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7733498 I have the opposite opinion of (some of the) flatEarthers. In fact, I was actually considering joining their ranks.

You see, the problem with humans is that you keep assuming things without even thinking about it. This is especially true for Creationists. They base everything on an assumption and never challenge it.

What is needed is the practice of challenging assumptions. Within the exercise, it doesn't matter what the truth is, what matters is that you get your head out of your ass and stop assuming everything. The point is that you open your mind to other options and weigh them with your current ones on equal footing.

You want to keep believing that the Earth is round? The flatEarthers will make you work for it, as you should for all of your assumptions. And that's what I love about flatEarthers.

Walabio
Group Admin

FlatEarthers are creationists. I remember in the documentary "Behind the Curb", FlatEarthers keep doing experiments to prove the Bible right about the Earth being flat, the results are that it is round, and they try to figure out why the experiment failed to give the "correct" result. I remember FlatEarthers buying a LaserGyroScope and wondering why it gives the incorrect result of the Flat Earth rotating every 23:56 (a Sidereal Day) —— ¡the Gyroscope must be defective!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4