The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Over on the episode discussion threat for "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" someone outed himself as a global warming denialist. Obviously the threat is now kind of a flame war.
I contributed a bit myself, but when things got to communist conspiracy theories, it just became too stupid for me and I decided to just lay back and enjoy the show.
Anyway, I thought you might find this interesting, whether it is to take part, or to just be amazed by the amount of human ignorance.

4775645 Do flame wars contribute to global warming?

I'm sorry I'll go home now

4775819 You should feel bad. Very bad. :derpytongue2:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4775645 You could have linked your reference, ya' know?

4776758 Done. I was a bit tired yesterday.

Walabio
Group Admin

I left this comment in response to Admiral Q PonyForm:

¿Have you thought about changing your username to "Dunning-Kruger"? You, a nopony who only did a few InterNet-Searches), believe that you know more than the 97% of Climate-Scientists who earned a degree about Climatology after a decade of study and worked in the field for an average of a generation (25 years), who are almost certain that humans cause climate-change.

¿Do you have any health-problems? I am neither a doctor, nor do I play 1 on TV, but I did some InterNet-Searches about medicine, so I am certain that I can cure what ails you.

The Effect "Dunning-Kruger"

This Admiral Q PonyForm is incredibly incompetent, but utterly oblivious to the incompetence.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4776958 Thanks. Looks like I have a few hours of reading ahead of me...

Walabio
Group Admin

Admiral Q PonyForm responded to my comment by stating that only the 1% of Scientist reject Climate-Change are right. I responded with this:

97% concensus means nothing to you. Only the 3 % who are not certain matter to you. ¿Or do only the 1% denying anthropogenic climate-change matter to you? ¡Talk about Dunning Kruger!:

You who are a nopony who has done a few InterNet-Searches believe that you know better than scientists who studied a decade to get a degree in Climatology and work in the field of Climatology. This goes beyond arrogance, into full narcissistic delusion of grandeur. I have news for you:

¡You are nothing!

Before you turn it back on me, yes, I an nothing too, but I know what I am; while you believe yourself to be the greatest climatologist in the world when you know next to nothing about the field and have neither looked at the data nor crunched the numbers.

If you do not like what I wrote, go to Meeester and claim that your religion is Climate-Change-Denial, and he will ban me for 3 days for attacking your religion (when Science-Advocates debunk creationism, Meeester bans them for 3 days for attacking the religion of the creationists).

If Meeester bans me for 3 days, you know why.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4775645 I always love when these things become conspiracy theories about how the scientists are all lying for the " money"... do these people never notice the literally hundreds of billions of dollars in profit that oil companies generate every year????

I remember once reading that funding on climate change studies was ( roughly ) alloceated as follows 70-75% to those who think that climate change is anthropogenic and 25-30% to those who deny climate change is anthropogenic.

given that only 3% of climate change scientists ( at most , depending on your definition) deny climate change, that means that they received 8-10 times as much money per capita as those climate change scientists who agree that climate change has an anthopogenic element to it.

8-10 times MORE.

If this is all a conspiracy to make money climate change scientists overwhelmingly keep picking the wrong side.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9