The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Walabio
Group Admin

onlyanorthernsong FactChecked and corrected the Scientific Claims of RealityCheck. Evidently, pointing out that somepony is factually wrong religiously discriminates against that pony, so onlyanorthernsong received a ban. Since onlyanorthernsong took 1 for the team, I hereby elevate onlyanorthernsong to admin of this group in recognition of heroism above and beyond the call of duty.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

Ah, I remember being banned by RealityCheck for something so grievous as not agreeing that "a voice among the strangers" is the greatest fanfic ever.

What exactly are we to do about this here?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4623117 How come RealityCheck has so much say and power? Is he knighty's alt account or something?

4622539 You know I can care less

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4623380 There's a reason why things are as they are. Nothing just is as it is for no reason at all. There must be some kind of fountain of RealityCheck's power. I suspect dark rituals.

4623390 I suspect he might actually be friends with a mod Meeester

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4623470 Do you think we can get in trouble for talking about the sacred RealityCheck?

4623476 I don't know do you? Nothing makes sense to me anymore on this site :derpytongue2:

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

As far as I know, anybody here can go to their settings and add people to their ban list.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4623547 Except that when RealityCheck does it, the user gets banned from the whole Fimfiction.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

That would have been that RC likely did a Chatoyance and cried "bully" at one of the site mods.
Whatever

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4623718 Who's Chatoyance?

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

I'm not getting pulled into this one again. Not today, anyway, as I just gave blood and feel too light-headed.
Write her name on the site search and have an education.

Walabio
Group Admin

> "You know I can care less"

¿How much less can you care?

Walabio
Group Admin

> "Not today, anyway, as I just gave blood and feel too light-headed."

Last time I donated blood was about a fortnight ago. I donated a double unit of red cells. Then everything went foobar at work; so, I got called in and did a 10 hour shift starting less than an hour after the donation. I know how you feel.

4624948 I care nothing for myself

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

I hadn't eaten more than 100gr of meat per day for several months, yet today I have gone through a good kilogram. :applecry:
Damn induced anemia.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4623117 One I actually liked a voice among the strangers.
two. Realitycheck blocked me for pointing out that Nazi's are not atheists
three guess who is now following me ? did you guess reality check the answer is realitycheck

four Thanks! I dont know what this new fancy admin powers give me. But I promise that i will wield them with umm well wisdom I hope.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4623675 why is that though? I mean? I hate to say this but if I was the mods I would want someone who is so prone to overreacting to ragequit. I certainly would not be coddling them.

I can only assume he has like ten or so loyal acolytes that flood the admins with outrage in order to get his enemies banned.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

My own opinion is that "A Voice Among The Strangers" is a cool fic, but going no further than a B-Minus. The first half is actually very good, but once the girl gets to Canterlot, the fic rapidly devolves into endless wish fulfilment for a Self-Insert of a girl who most likely gets no attention at home. It simply got on my nerves how often the six Element Bearers, the two princesses, Fancy & Fleur and even freaking Derpy Hooves climb out of the woodwork every time the girl feels like having a cry. And her superpower of having infinite love to give just leaves me rolling my eyes! And the ending couldn't be more juvenile if she had tried: So she knows that ever going home is a microscopic possibility at best, and she knows that even if she could go home, she will have to leave her adopted daughters behind. Never mind that she has found her niche, loves her adopted daughters to death, and is quite happy with her new life in Equestria. Yet she decides to ask the princesses to keep searching for a way to send her home.
Quite frankly, if I had been the girl who wrote this fic, I wouldn't have published it: I would have given it to read to a psychologist.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

Quite frankly, if I had been the girl who wrote this fic, I wouldn't have published it: I would have given it to read to a psychologist.

fair enough, but in all honesty, this line probably applies to a third of the stories published on this site.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

fair enough, but in all honesty, this line probably applies to a third of the stories published on this site.

Hardly. Self-fulfilment stories are common, but other than those that deal with illegal activities (non-consensual sex and foalcon being the two most obvious offenders), it is quite rare to find a story that simply leaves me worrying about the troubled person that wrote it. I particularly remember "The Lost Element" and "At the Speed of Right".
In "The Lost Element" some absolute arsehole comes to Equestria, gets a Cutie Mark of two doves, finds the Element of Peace, has adventures and starts an abusive relationship with Fluttershy. Whats really dirty is that the author apparently thinks he's peaceful and that his relationship with Fluttershy is loving.
In "At the Speed of Right" we see the wacky adventures of two idiots who continuously fail at their mission. That story would be quite funny and heartening, if you were to forget that they are a two-man cell in a terrorist organization with the stated objective of exterminating the entire human race. Quite literally you are reading a brainwash comic, the likes of those published by Stalin, Mao and Hitler.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4631181 at the speed of right was apparently written by Chatoyance,( usually mentioned in the same breath as my dear friend RealityCheck when it comes to listing the paragons of mental health on this site) so yes that is enough for me to fully believe you that it is a work of utter insanity

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25