The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

So everyone's favorite science denier RealityCheck ( insert all your audible groans *here*) decided he was tired of being mocked for being a YEC and wrote up a defense of YEC. Or at least he tried to.

It went as well as you would expect. Perhaps the highlight is the fact that RC apparently cannot tell the difference between religion and science and claims repeatedly that he does not hold his particular religious views because of faith or any such piddly thing but because scientists have proven his religion. Through experimentation. yes really. He managed to fail BOTH science AND theology forever.

Anywho I wrote ( mostly for my own amusement but also hopefully in a manner that is educational ) a long long long LONG and detailed , well researched rebuttal ( including literally dozens of links to research papers etc) to RC's rant. I also begin by coppying and pasting his original at the top of the post.

I hope you read it and enjoy. Any constructive criticism is welcomed though I would prefer that you do it in the comments of the blogpost itself as opposed to this comment thread, as more comments drives up the traffic to the post.

Reality Check amuses me so I shall look.

Clicked on the link and got a '404' :twilightangry2:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4620295 I see you're not in the loop. 4619405 posted a blog that got her him banned. Her His blog was also deleted (that's why the link to the blog doesn't work anymore).

Edit: Edited gender.

4620430 Thank you for the info. :twilightblush:

4620430 Wait. Isn't onlyanorthernsong a guy?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4622956 I have no idea why I wrote 'her' instead of 'him'. My brain just does that sometimes. I still have to double check when I write lines for Scootaloo. The word 'he' keeps making its way into my writing, without me even noticing.

And yes, onlyanorthernsong most likely is a guy. There aren't any girls on the internet. :trollestia:

4619405 Sadly I cannot access your blog anymore, but after seeing Reality Check's post, I could not stop myself from leaving my own rebuttal in the comments. It will probably be ignored, but I just couldn't let it stand like that.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4623133 You can access the blog -> here <-. It's quite long, though.

4619405In regards to science you did a really good job and have my respect. I'd advise you to go less personal in the future though. Instead of pointing out what is wrong with the author's opinion it is often advisable to just refer to the text without connecting it to the author anywhere but in the introduction and in parts where you are not criticising him. Content wise there is of course no difference as the text conveys the author's opinion, but otherwise it becomes rather easy for your opponent to make it look like a personal attack rather than a rational rebuttal.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4622956 that is what the picture say hahahaha

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4623133 your lucky . he usually bans critics and deletes their posts.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4624051 to be honest I originally intended this to be sort of a grab bag of arguments that i could cut and paste if i e ver got into another agrument where he was talking about how great he is at science and putting down others ( in the thread that caused this whole boruhaha RC was holding himself up as an expert on botany while belittling those who went to public schools. Rc hates public schools .)

Also it is RC. he always demeans everyone and looks down on everyone. I mean just look at his name. he has the truth. and the rest of us are wrong. If you dealt with him for any length of time, you would be exasperated as well.

onlyanorthernsong
Group Admin

4623286 whoever saved this and made a link to it is my favorite person this year.

Thank you thank you so much.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4630016 You can thank DH7 for it. He spent quite a lot of time with editing it all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15