Bronies With Blades 150 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

here is two of his videos, recommend subscribing to him,

I second the recommendation. The guy is refreshingly sensible when it comes to weapons.

Skallagrim seems like a pretty cool dude who appears to know what he's talking about most of the time.

I'd also recommend Matt Easton:

Then there's Lindybeige, though I've never watched many of his videos. I dunno, that guy just kinda rubs me the wrong way for some reason. :applejackunsure:

Nice :pinkiehappy: is it just me or are there a lot of guys (and a few girls) on youtube who have countless videos on swords (and other weapons)?
like I typed real life swords in and I got a flood of videos to go throw.

Frankly, I often think it feels like everyone on the internet is an expert on swords. Which is funny, since most don't seem to agree with each other. :unsuresweetie:

I think the myth that Medieval European swords were dull comes from people stating they aren't sharp. Of course, by "not sharp" they usually mean they aren't as sharp as something like a pocket knife. Obviously, they don't have to be that sharp and to sharpen them that much would actually be a bad idea.

I liked the second video, and laughed when he mentioned the fact that he was using an arming sword with a viking shield. I wonder what he would say if he knew one of the characters in a story of mine uses a scimitar and heater shield.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6