You Might Like This 263 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Halloween shall soon be upon us, and I have nary a spooky story to recommend. Instead, have some RariPie:

Mate in Five Moves
It's an interesting concept (though not a unique one; I've seen the same applied to more than one Celestia shipfic, especially TwiLestia), and it's pulled off pretty well. I wouldn't have thought of using Pinkie in a chess-based shipfic, but it makes sense if you think she's one of those really smart people that's incredibly difficult to follow like I do. It kind of trails off in the end, in my opinion, but that's probably due to my bias against having characters date someone else and then break up with them to make the OTP. It's still an enjoyable story, and out of the relatively limited crop of RariPie fics, this one's almost certainly one of the best.

You might like this if you like: chess, RariPie, Pinkie being smart, shipfics that start out one-sided, marshmelodrama.
You probably won't if you dislike: shipfics where the couple only gets together in the end, marshmelodrama, shipfics where one character dates someone in a relationship that very clearly is going to end to make room for the OTP.

Tangent:
Somehow this is my first exposure to the word "marshmelodrama", and I just wanted to say I love it. :pinkiehappy:

I clicked here to say exactly the same thing. It's an amazing word. :rainbowlaugh:

Carapace
Group Admin

marshmelodrama

God damn it, TOW.

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

I stole that word from a Derpibooru tag. Actually, it applies to both Sweetie Belle and Rarity, but it's like 70% Rarity.

You know you loved it. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5