Harmonists' Archive 346 members · 1,249 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

I mean, with all that happened with, well, whoever is our founder and with all the drama around, we are still a group, together, right?

What happened to our founder? :fluttercry:

It's been real quiet lately. And not the good kind

What?

Oh boy, where to begin? Please, understand that it brings me only pain and sadness to be the herald of such horrible news.

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/206823/empire-of-discordia/thread/178557/discordians-you-should-probably-take-a-look-at-this
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Eris+H+Discordia#comment/1822201

That's why I'm asking

I really hate being the bringer of bad news but, look at the links.

A group doesn't necessarily need it's founder to function properly. As long as at least one active admin is around, things can run smoothly. We have two. :twilightsmile:

Heck, for that matter, thing can run smoothly even if a group doesn't have any active admins, as long as the members behave themselves and follow site rules. I can think of at least one group like this...

After reading through the comments, Wave Blaster's links and digging a little deeper into the kinds of stuff 'Eris' posted, as a former moderator/admin for a large anime forum: I'm not surprised they got banned, but I am surprised staff was so lenient.

Normal ban from the site I was on got you a min 1wk, evading it got you a month with the new account perma-banned (with a second offense of evasion netting you a perma). But if the allegations made by DerpyMuffin7 on 'Eris's page are true, I would have personally perma-banned them on the spot. There is no room for that kind of bigotry whatsoever, anywhere, anytime.

Now, I only wish I could remove 'Eris' as a follower. I don't want to be associated in anyway with them.

4405445 The comment link's broken. What did it say?

4405426 Essentially, as long as people are still kicking around here, this is still a group. I'm intending on starting another activity as soon as the new month begins, too, so that should be fun. I understand it's been quiet recently, but that's been partly because of my exams, so I've been much more unable to organize activities.

Long story short, if members of this group still care to kick around, I'll still care to admin it.

The comment link is a few pages back. It's what Meeester said:

Alright I am just going to head off the endless comments that are about to pour in here.

Eris has been banned for 2 weeks. This is the last time he will be given a temporary ban; next one will be permanent. He has abused alts countless times, something we do not tolerate whatsoever.

Next offence, no matter how minute, will earn a perma. Learn from this; if you make an alt that you upvote yourself with or evade a ban with, you will be banned without hesitation.

If he makes an alt for whatever reason over the next 2 weeks, the ban will be made permanent before it ends.

4405654 Whoever wrote that post didn't know Eris was a girl.

4405445 Racism is bad, and Eris had to learn it...surprisingly enough.

Apart from that, I personally still scur around. Can't say I'm writing much, but I'm still open to help with the editing and the reviewing. I still keep my eyes on everything around. Probably like most people.

4405426 We're still a group! Eris might have started the Harmonists, but it is us, the members, who shall uphold the kingdom!

Whoever wrote that post didn't know Eris was a girl.

Um... Actually, it appears that Eris is really a guy, not a girl.

4405654 I was actually lucky enough to have people come and inform me via pm's of the fact over a week ago. Imagine my delight.

I'm half tempted to do a PSA on the matter so that people will drop the issue. It's bad enough I deal with the remnants of his 'organization', I'd rather not be constantly reminded that some users are stupid and malicious.

I'm amazed it actually got it's own article. Just another internet user gone bonkers. Speaking of, it'll probably be my turn in a couple of months. Just giving everyone fair warning, it's bound to happen eventually.

I'm half tempted to do a PSA on the matter so that people will drop the issue.

I honestly can't say that I blame you.

Just another internet user gone bonkers. Speaking of, it'll probably be my turn in a couple of months. Just giving everyone fair warning, it's bound to happen eventually.

Wait, you're eventually going to turn into a 90's cartoon character? :trollestia:

...I apologize for the lame joke, but this is the first thing that came to mind for me :twilightsheepish::

4406305 Yup. Don't you worry, though, we've all done worse.

A whole bloody article about it ? Holy Amatsu. Didn't know Eris was such a celebrity.

Speaking of, it'll probably be my turn in a couple of months.

Why is that?

4406449 Because I'm exposed to you lot, mostly.

Nobody remains sane on the internet forever.

4405426 I'm sorry to say but I've abandoned all the Eris/Erin Groups sorry.

I thought you were already insane. So were my obsevations, I mean :moustache:

4405437 Wait what? Seriously! WHAT IS GOING ON?!

4407147 There are links in the thread. Long story short, Eris has been breaking site rules, harassing users, abusing alts, and is now, unsurprisingly, banned. Again.

On the plus side, he doesn't seem to care, so neither do I. And neither should you. The group is still active, and will continue to be active so long as members still respond to our activities. So really, the only people in control of whether the group remains active is you guys.

4407189 Wait a sec.. what does it mean to abuse alts?

4407315 Step one: have an alt to abuse. Can't remember if that's actually against the rules or not, but it probably is.

Step two: use alts to downvote other people's stories.

Step three: use alts to upvote your own stories.

Step four: use alts to evade bans.

Step five: use alts to harass users.

Step six: $$$

Except there are no $$$s.

4407500 Alternative accounts. Different name, different features - same person behind it. A nasty lot, all.

4407534 How are they even found out then?

Because people are stupid. They use in an obvious way. Like to upvote their stories. Or to take care of things the banned account used to. They make mistakes, talk in the same way, put similar pictures up, go in the same circles.

Most people ain't smart enough to use 'em properly.

Can't remember if that's actually against the rules or not, but it probably is.

Actually, as long as you don't abuse alts, the mods are perfectly fine with it, at least according to a comment I seem to remember reading in the site FAQ... Do you know of the user shortskirtsandexplosions (commonly shortened to SS&E)? He has several known alts that he seems to use for posting certain stories.

Using SS&E as an example again, some are found out because the user in question actually points it out, either in a blog post or on their userpage.

4407869 You are essentially a walking, talking rulebook, aren't you?

Maybe I should make myself an alt. I could use it to covertly post crossovers and clop. Nobody would suspect.

Well, until you said it out loud, no one WOULD have suspected.

Depends if he will be bored enough to do it or not :moustache:

You are essentially a walking, talking rulebook, aren't you?

Nah, I just have way too much free time. :derpytongue2:

You're right, nobody would have seen that coming from you. :rainbowderp:

p.s. Yikes! I forgot to preview my previous comment. :twilightoops: Should be fixed now. :twilightsheepish:

4409261 Don't worry. Everyone needs a hobby. Mine is counting to thirty two on one hand in front of strangers. Freaks them out.

But you can't count to thirty-two on one hand. I just tried it myself and I could only get up to thirty-one.

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101010 01101111 01101011 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01101110 00101110 :scootangel:

4409287 True. But why would you ever count 0 on one hand?

After all, when you count to five traditionally, you never say zero. So: 00000 = 1 for sake of convenience. All of a sudden you can make 32.

Cheating, I know, but students never play fair. We're all about loopholes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43