The Babs Seed Fan Club 134 members · 200 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Here's a photo from DeviantArt I thought I'd post here. It's of Ms. Seed getting down in the dumps because Hasbro tried to slap a (violent-in-presentation) cutie mark against the wishes of many of her fans, including myself.

DHX/Hasbro has played a game of deception involving her. Despite all that the portrayals of what Babs Could Be (i.e. non-violent, talented-in-music [IMO], and all-together a big ol' friend of the CMC who wants to see potentials fulfilled in fillies), after Season 3, all DHX/Hasbro wants to do with Babs Seed is to have her remembered ONLY as a bully because of the (viral, self-titled) song/episode (One Bad Apple). They also want Bronies to actively do the same thing THEY want to do with her, no matter how outrageous it can be.

I, and I guess some of you, feel that THIS portrayal is just disgraceful, dishonest, deceiving, and dishonorable. Babs should've NEVER been kicked down the road toward being a bully, ESPECIALLY after she gained more fans based on her (much more positive) portrayal in "Apple Family Reunion" (by contrast, her most accessible episode if you hate "One Bad Apple", even though it's not about her).

It's time to end it once and for all. We cannot have DHX/Hasbro get away with consistently negative portrayals of Babs nor can we tolerate partially DHX/Hasbro-sponsored fanfics that have such portrayals...we ALL need her on a positive route. When you come back from BronyCON, see this and join me in taking action against DHX/Hasbro and buying Babs away from her. Otherwise, these negative Babs Seed portrayals are gonna be coming back to us like the plague, and Hasbro is just going to allow the fandom to toss similarly negative Babs portrayals at us.

And, I just remembered. I have a long-held dream in my head. I have dreamed that one day, one day, Babs is going to get out of the trap she's in and be somebody other than whoever DHX/Hasbro wants her to be. We can make her famous! We can win this war against the people who are doing harm to her, for I feel as though they are abusing the right they have to their own creation!

Who is with me?

This again? Seriously?

~Twi

Samey90
Group Admin

I guess you're overreacting to it, especially since, if I recall correctly, it's the second similar thread you're making. I'm not sure what you mean by scissors being violent, but well, some people feel discomfort around sharp objects...

Three words: take your meds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4