Displaced 4,421 members · 1,268 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

So, I've decided on a character but I can't decide how Tiamat should talk. They've got five heads so would they all talk at once or would it be disjointed and creepy or would one talk and the others just interrupt every now and then

5388229 All five at once

5388254 sounds good :pinkiehappy:

5388229 The last one, And make it so it's like the Hydra in Kid Icarus Uprising.

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5388229 Ya know, that reminds me of Hiram McDaniels.

5388279 :pinkiegasp: You know too much :pinkiecrazy:

5388420 I get what you're saying, that sounds like a good idea. I mean I'm mostly just writing a story I feel I would enjoy reading cause if the writer doesn't like it and all that you know.

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5388281 Whoops. I forgot that when I see something, I should say nothing and drink to forget...although in my defense, it's pretty damn difficult to forget a literal five-headed dragon.

5388429 That it is, that it is :rainbowlaugh:

5388229 I think you should write your character like this: "You firmly tell Asgore that you don't want to fight him." The you part kinda depends. I don't know how to say myself as a 5 headed hydra. Probably us or we? Maybe they would work... no they is to reference a group of people that are not you. I dunno if you already tried this but I'm just throwing it out. Do keep in mind that this is a suggestion.

The real question I have is your Tiamat one dragon with five heads, or five people as one dragon? If the second is the case you could assign names and we would get to see them plot out how they should speak. If it's the first then either is good, and you should use both depending on who Tiamat is talking to.

5388229 I think that way I would do it is to have each head speak whenever there is a break in a sentence. I would also be good to have their text colored to set them apart.
Like this:
"Oh, man I'm so hungry right now. I could really eat anything at this point. I just hope my pony servants get here soon with my Mc Donalds.They better hope they got my kiddy toy."

I can't decide how Tiamat should talk.

"Addi taaka ina puhur ilani usarbika.
Malikut ilani gimraatsunu ka tussu usmali.
Lu surbatama ha'iri eduu atta,
Liirtabbu u zikruka eli kalisunu Anunnaki!
Iddinsuma dupsimati iratuus usatmiih:
Kata kibitka la inninna likun siit piika.
Eninna Kingu su-uskuu liku Anuti,
Ina ilani mariesu simata istimu:
Ipasa pikunu Gibil liniihha;
Na'id ina kitmuru maagsaru lisrabiib."

Honestly, All of her heads should talk in unison, like those angels whose 'voice' seems to be made up of a bunch of people talking in harmony. She is the goddess of evil dragonkind after all

5388944 yeah, but then it would be really wonky when you try to keep track of which head is doing the talking

Kinda depends really, but if its one guy/gal with five heads then Dilos1 definitely has the right idea. 5388944 Each head could have text that matches their colour [each head has a different colour right?]
I think perhaps a better idea may be to have five friends go in a group costume of some sort [might only work if the design is more like an eastern dragon] then you can differentiate simply with the names of the heads. I don't think I've seen a displaced story featuring a group costume like that so this could be really cool!

if there is such a fic and I just haven't read it... LINK PLEASE!

I should have the first few chapters up by the end of the week or so

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19