Displaced 4,420 members · 1,267 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

By FlutterWitch's suggestion, I rewrote the Lite Lore.
It's... actually Lite now!

The Setting

All Displaced stories are set in the incomprehensibly vast space called the 「Omniverse」. It's an infinite expanse of Multiverses interrupted by the mysterious and deadly 「Void」. It means that you can write your Displaced into a myriad of situations, throw them into Alternate Timelines, really, the metaphorical sky's the limit! The stories of your and others' Displaced can also cross-over for this very reason - and for that, the 「Tokens」 were made. Tokens are magical items which allow your Displaced to pass through the Void unharmed (if they are incapable of doing so) and untraumatized.

「The Displaced」 themselves are unfortunate souls who have been removed from their home Universe via a person who calls themselves a Displacer - there are many of those, but the most popular one is The Merchant. The Displaced gets tricked into receiving a trinket holding a hidden, magical power which brings them to a land far away, most often the land of Equestria.

The Displaced can be placed on the 「Power Scale」 according to their destructive capabilities (with some exceptions) - from average humans, through monsters capable of lifting mountains, up to Eldritch Abominations existing in five dimensions.
The Power Scale was, as once it went:

「Endo」

More or less, your average person, nothing is really changed in their physique. No advantages are gained upon their Displacement, they are usually cannon fodder for Collabs and Comedies/Satires/Parodies.

「Exo」

A being which has gained some supernatural powers from their Displacement, incredible strength, great durability, minor things like that. Your basic Low Street Tier character. Comparable in power to A Class Heroes from One Punch Man.

「Super」

This is where we go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! The laws of physics don't entirely apply to your Displaced, he can bounce lasers off walls, fly, break the sound barrier without hurting/burning himself, things like that.

「Beta」

This is where the barriers between tiers become less and less visible. A Beta Displaced is capable of the destruction of a small country over a longer period of time, whether it be constant immolation, smashing everything in sight or summoning plagues. A dragon from most fictional universes would fit into this class' power level.

「Alpha」

If the Kraken could stay on land and cause destruction... he would be the character's harmless pet. This is where it starts getting really crazy. Your Displaced can destroy continents in a larger amount of time, though he is incapable of destroying the planet's surface. Levelling South America in three day would be the limit of his powers. See: Kat Shifter

「Über」

The Über class is capable of destroying and slightly reshaping the entire world. There are limits in place, they may be a rage or special mode of sorts, or they can be in the Displaced's own powers. See: Auric Fulcrum.

「Titan」

Titan Class Displaced are capable of reality warping. They are allowed to be in the Void without going insane instantly with someone in the further tiers keeping them safe, they are on power similar to Discord's or Mxyzptlk. See: Makuta Teridax the Displaced.

「Godly」

The highest tier of the scale that may be reachable without Group Admin allowance. Godly Class Displaced are known as Void Dwellers, beings that are no longer tethered to existing within a Universe and are capable of drifting freely throughout the Void without any needs. Examples are the Greek Zeus, Poseidon and Haides gods.

「META」

Meta Class Displaced currently number in only one - Essence the Madwoman. The Gods of Gods, their powers are incomprehensible, they are the strongest that Human beings can ever be. There are, of course, stronger beings in the Omniverse, but they are the strongest Displaced. You may only create one with the agreement of ALL Displaced Admins.

As of Feb 1st 2016 a new Power Scaling has been created, which can be described as weaker than environent (Exo/Endo), equal or stronger than the environment (Super/Beta) and extraordinarily powerful (Alpha and further on).

You are allowed to create your own Displacers. To do so, message either FlutterWitch

Finally! Something that is not only simple to understand but also incredibly easy to follow! Bravo Ruby Rose! Bravo!

The Warmaster
Group Contributor

[See: Makuta Teridax the Displaced.[/uote]

Umm....there are two Teridax Displaced....the one from the War of Understanding, and a newer one.
I'm guessing it's the one from the War of Understanding, but you should probably change it up a bit.

5008308 Where would Sheogorath fit in the scale?

5008308 is it possible that there might be other omniverses? Like a Displaced omniverse, a conversion bureau omniverse, our omniverse, and all kinds of others?

I'd say Titan or Godly, but that's just my analysis on the character.

5008606 I was thinking around the same

Huh. I have a story I've been writing for some time -- that I don't plan on publishing until I get out of my current writer's block -- that is basically a 3rd Edition D&D spellcaster. His stats currently reach into Godly tier with a few simple low-level spells, and it actually takes more effort to hit Titan tier, though he can do it. Interestingly enough, he has access to resources that allow him to alter himself in short order, and if he pushed, he could probably hit "warp all of reality in all universes to suit my needs," if I wanted to go there. It's a side effect of being a D&D caster with access to all the big lists -- psionics, arcane magic, and divine magic.

D&D magic is really powerful stuff, especially if you can use it to alter the system itself.

5009600 If he's Godly class then why would he need to reach Titan class? That's a lower tier

5008503 I believe that the Omniverse is all of the Universes, while a Multiverse is a group of Universes. Feel free to correct me though, because I'm not quite 100% sure.

5010131 omni means all so you all right

5010012 Godly tier just encompasses those who can survive for long periods of time in the Void without issue, which is solved by a few fairly minor spells, while rewriting reality takes a bit more effort; since Titan tier's definition doesn't actually overlap with Godly tier, it's actually harder for him to qualify for the "lower" tier, though he can do either, if he puts some effort in.

Depending on exactly how much effort "Meta" requires, he might actually qualify for that, as well.

Again, high level D&D magic is ridiculously powerful. A level 20 wizard or cleric is nearly omnipotent. Not entirely, but it's close.

Just don't get me started on Pun Pun. He's actually omnipotent, and he's doable within the rules.

5010244 You're taking the definitions just a bit too literal. Godly is Godly, Zeus is a god and can bend reality on a whim. Qualifying for Godly tier means you can do things only a god could do, reality warping should be trivial to this tier. If you're on a tier above others then being able to do things on lower tiers should also be relatively simple. Unless your person isn't very skilled in that specific area. Surviving in the Void isn't something minor, hell just purposely getting in the Void requires some sort of reality warping knowledge. I doubt there would be a 'few fairly minor spells' for that, those kinds of spells would take tremendous amounts of energy to cast, not to mention the constant upkeep of energy needed too.

I can't say anything about DnD, never played it beyond some brief hours in the online thing. I'll just take your word on it.

Don't know who Pun Pun is, sorry.

And I think Meta class needs some real damn good effort. To be honest I doubt anyone could reach that level without some good skepticism involved (I'm already skeptical about Essence, then again I don't know a thing about her either. Never had an interest you see.). I might not know a whole lot of (or anything at all) DnD stuff, but I don't think there is a spell there that lets a guy/gal become that level of tier.

5010502 Surviving on hostile, mind-warping planes of existence is actually pretty easy for a D&D caster. Adapt body is a psionic power (a psychic version of a spell) that is mid-level, lasts one hour per level of the caster (9 hours, minimum, without any additional expenditures of effort), and perfectly adapts your body to any environment you enter, including weird planescapes that would crush you or drive you insane, because you're treated as a native for all purposes, and such things are rendered harmless to you. And that's just one way; I can think of others.

To give you some idea of what my character could do if he really wanted to, not only can he shoot fire and lightning out of his fingertips (fireball and lightning bolt), but he can summon angels, fiends, and eldritch abominations (summon monster, planar binding, and gate); walk on water (body equilibrium); create and destroy matter (minor/major creation and disintegrate); heal and regenerate wounds (the cure wounds series of spells, heal, and regenerate); grow plants, animals, and insects to ludicrous proportions (plant growth, animal growth, and giant vermin); travel between planes of existence (plane shift); view possible futures (lots of divination spells); change the weather over several hundred square miles(fimbulwinter); create a nuclear explosion that can obliterate a good chunk of the North American continent with no fallout (locate city bomb); change his form into nearly any creature he can imagine (polymorph and shapechange); create a self-replicating swarm of virtually unstoppable evil and insane spirits (summon undead iv); fuse himself with another in mind, body, and soul (fusion); clone himself (fission, simulacrum, ice assassin, and shapechange); hivemind with his clones (shapeshifting dvati shenanigans); become fully immune to death from damage (delay death combined with the beastland ferocity spell and a source of healing); resurrect himself and others (in at least 15 different ways); time travel (teleport through time); shunt entire planes of existence into other planes of existence (self-replicating alignment-changing spell-traps); destroy entire planets (numerous ways, including rockburst and a sufficiently metamagicked explosive rune created large enough to be seen from orbit); destroy entire galaxies (summoning an elder evil, sufficiently Widening a breath weapon); create life (polymorph any object, origin of species); create universes (genesis); render everything from hedgewizards to fully fledged gods magically powerless (planar bubble if your origin is the Outlands, out on the Great Wheel); and much, much more. However, most of those would require him to change his character build setup from what it currently is, but it's definitely doable.

Here's a list of some of what he could do, if he took it into his head to do so. And that's just the small portion that's available online for free.

5010508 Pretty handy spell.

Judging by this, he sounds Godly tiered. Titan tier is Discord level, and if he can create and destroy matter then he already qualified for it.

I shall go to bed now, if you reply back I will answer back in a few hours.

5010510 Reread my previous post. I added some things in, in case you want to fact-check and look some of it up. If you have questions on how to use the spells above to do the things I suggested, I can explain.

If not, that's okay, too.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Yeah, no one bothers with them.

Because I'm keeping the status quo with this temporary Lite Lore. I am not responsible for the Lore as it is right now, and when the idiots over at the "Lore Council" get their shit together and do something I will edit this one.

As it is, the "Tiers" are unfortunately staying. You're welcome to join the Lore group and show them how it's done, though. I'd appreciate that.

Bedridden for the last three days, I'll see what's up right now.

5010508 DND magic is pretty much the most overpowered magical system in any fantasy setting I've seen.

5025255 And 3rd Edition has the strongest magic out of any edition of D&D.

5025875 True. 3.5 is my personal favorite.

DJSkywalker
Group Admin

5008503 No, there isn't. It goes against the definition of the term "omni-" which means all. The Displaced take place in one multiverse within that infinitely vast Omniverse and can expand from there.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Guys, we have thread regarding canon characters on the power scale, and, some of these estimations aren't too well fitting with how they were scaled.

5008308 Angela would probably fit into the beta category.

I am thinking archer Emiya would fit the uber classification his reality marble is projection of his world on the real world, though it has a time limit, in his counter guardian role he has 1million units of od most humans have 30-40, he would be able to destroy continents his projection and reinforcement enable him to improve anything including himself he has clairvoyance aka eagle eye which allows him to snipe up 4km and hit two targets and kill them both with one shot, and true mind enabling him to predict opponents moves.

Oh, shit. I'm pretty sure someone of the "Knight of Space" classpect would probably achieve Titan tier in time, if not Godly or even higher... Assuming they're not too afraid to go crazy with their power usage. (*Cough cough* me *cough* much worries *cough* can I get a cough drop? *cough cough*)

Side note: writing something like this at 2:30am whilst being socially awkward and having ADD is not recommended...

So where would a Green Lantern with only Green Lantern powers land on the scale?

I'd imagine Super tier, right? Because while a Green Lantern is really only limited by his willpower, imagination, and amount of charge in his battery, I don't think they could destroy a small country.

Also, purely from curiosity, where would say, a dragon from The Elder Scrolls be on the scale? From Bog standard up to say...Odahviing and Paarthurnax?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34