The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36

So, would there be any interest in a wiki dedicated for the Chase universe? So far I haven't found any signs of any pre-existing wiki.

I've been meaning to start re-reading the story from the beginning and I figure if I did that I might be able to drop notes into a wiki somewhere, but I'd like to know there might be others who would be interested in joining in. Also, I'd like to make sure our fearless leader didn't mind.

What say the masses?

iakovl
Group Admin

this is a crazy idea... I LIKE IT :pinkiecrazy:

didn't there used to be a chase wiki?
and the masses are in agreement.

I vouch for every man, woman and child that we all agree: this needs to be a thing!

4732964 on the planet?
ON THE PLANET!!
and what about the old people? the seniors? elderly? infirm?

I'm in! I'd love to help work on it!

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Be warned. There are going to be people who are going to try and make bad edits. Like... many of the people associated with Rage Reviews.

We're going to need a way to filter that out.

I share Kudz's concerns about the bad edits, but if there's a way to deal with that, then I say go for it.

I too would not want to have to deal with the trolls, which means at least one reliable full time moderator would need to step up.

I'm wanting to focus my energies on the Voice Actor Project, so I've been highlighting and annotating the early chapters. I'll share the link privately.

Someone needs to make a list of all the characters and where and how they fit in. Because with things like the Shadowbolts and Raptors I have trouble keeping everything straight.

Sounds good to me :derpytongue2:

We need a Twilight Sparkle to moderate our Chase archives/wiki. Someone dedicated to the task of researching, with accuracy, the fabrics of the chase realities, the boundaries of magic, and the various links in character personalities histories and other synopsi composed by The Chase fandom.

There's a TV tropes page, perhaps that's what you recall?

4733427 no... I'm pretty sure there was a wiki at some point.
no matter, there will be one now.

I'll go do some due diligence on this and get back to you all. Gimmie the weekend before you start pounding on my door.

The Ponies after People wiki solves the troll problem by only letting authorized people make edits and create new pages.

Figure out a list of people you know won't deface the thing and let only them edit. They'll obviously need accounts wherever the wiki is hosted.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at pbworks where PaP is hosted and wasn't really thrilled with their options for their wikis, but their security is bang on.

Update on wiki status:

I'm going to assume the vandals will come, but we might as well make them knock on the door first rather than just let 'em ransack everything with ease.
So, I had two basic criteria: Can you block anonymous edits (i.e. user must at least be logged in to site to make edits) and the ease of edits/editor.

I reviewed various wiki services and narrowed things down to wikidot.com.

The big advantage here is we can restrict anonymous edits forcing people to at least create an account and log in before they make edits. No place else really offered that and still gave us options on how we want to put the thing together. Also, as compared to some wiki hosting services (*cough*wikia.com*cough*) if we want to kill the site, it will be killed and not kept around for ad-click-bait.

However their editor is pretty much non-graphical so you have to learn a lot of text controls to manage your content. (Personally, I'm fine with that, but others may not like it so much.) But, they have easy and multiple levels of control to block un-wanted edits from anonymous users. An example of an established wiki: http://www.scp-wiki.net/main

So, I've created a basic wiki - it will need a lot of love and content, but it's a start. After reviewing it, if the general consensus is it's crap we'll kill it and try to find someplace else. Currently, I've got it locked down so you have to 'join' to become a member of the site before you can edit. Once we have got the basics established I think we can remove that restriction so any logged-in member of wikidot will be able to edit. Or, maybe we wont.

Here we go!

http://thechase.wikidot.com/

To gain edit privs - go to site, register for an account, wait for reg email, sign in and in the left hand column, click the 'Join This Site' button. I'll grant you access once I get notified of your request.

:derpytongue2:

(P.S. I don't know a damn think about wikidot's wiki code, so I got a lot of reading to do.... If anybody is familiar with it already, lemmie know!)

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

I'm in! I can update the character list, and do a little chapter synopsis as well.

I think it might be worth trying to integrate The Project (Chase VA project) into this, since we will very likely have the same people looking at it. I'll be drawing my list of characters and chapter synopsis from the same Google Drive sources I've created for The Project.

Awesome. At this point, we need all the data we can get.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

We need an entry for Bucky's love of stairs.

We need an entry for Bucky's love of stairs.

For now, under Hobbies, "building evil set of stairs". Will add more details/clarify later when I (or somebody else) adds 'em. :twilightsheepish:

http://thechase.wikidot.com/bucky

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

I has a sad. Berry Punch still has an almost blank entry. :fluttershyouch:

My apologies, Oh Great Master of Pony Words, I'm a working on it again; Real Life recently slapped me up side the head with damn trout. I'm just about to Dinky's Birthday party so Berry shows up real soon now. So, more by tomorrow!

4732860 Oooooh, a Wiki ehhh?
Very interesting... very interesting...

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

People keep asking for Chase Arc listings. I, uh, have lost track of all of the arcs. Is the wiki still getting updated? Some kind of official resource is needed to deal with this steaming, massive info dump.

I try to work on the wiki when I have time, which hasn't been much of late. Will try to make time for it and get my butt back in gear. (I'm on vacation next week! Woo!)

TuxOKC was putting up short chapter descriptions and organizing them into Arcs for a while. His stuff is here: http://thechase.wikidot.com/chapter-synopsis.

The wiki is open for anyone to work on they just need to make a (FREE!) account to do so. (Not you, Kudzu, unless you really want to - you have better things to do, like writing! ;) On the other hand, if people don't want to work directly on the wiki but have info they would like to have go up, they may send me info (I prefer PMs) and I'll get it online.

Just a thought - what if each character page had a "top quotes" section?

Works for me! Swing on by and start adding quotes! :twilightsmile:

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

**Pokes with stick**

Any updates? :pinkiecrazy:

Sorry for lack of updates. I'm back and working on it now. Trying to get the rest of the world to go away so I can work on this stuff for a while. Trying to clear through chapter 40 tonight.

Huh... There is a wiki... And it is dreadfully far from completion... And to be honest, I can't remember half of what went on, and by the gods, re-reading... Ohhhh. One day, but hopefully not too soon.

My fault - I get lazy and distracted from doing what I said I would. :fluttershyouch:

That being said, since you've actually looked at the wiki - any feedback? Yeah, I realize it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but I'm trying to get the data I do have organized.

5213287 from what ive seen, what is there is good. They only issue is the lack of what's there. Now, not being mean, but let's face it, there is a lot that need to go into that. Nothing seem to go past shetlands arc in it. No griffins en mass. So really, 10/10 for what you do have. Only nit pick, add a big spoiler warning on that front page.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm hoping to at least get through Bucky's marriage this week or next. I'll see what I can do about a spoiler notice.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36