The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Any advice? It would take me approximately 56 hours (plus an additional hour or two for chapters that haven't been released yet) and most of my reading would be in large, multi-hour blocks.
EDIT: I just realized I missed an additional 4 hours of side stories.

If you're wondering why I'm going on this absurd mission, it's for a thing. Sorry, I can't be more specific yet. That kind of ruins the surprise.

iakovl
Group Admin

you are going on a long trip... down the rabbit hole
prepare to enjoy it a lot, and while you at it... hunt for wild typos

I knocked it out in about 4 days (not quite as ambitious as you, but close.) All I can say is don't just breeze over things. A lot of times you will miss things that may be important later in the story

3951876 I'm not going to breeze over it, but since I will have to forfeit some sleep (I'll have to read for about 20 consecutive hours twice in a row!) for this, I may miss things.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. :pinkiecrazy:

Welcome to the mad house.:pinkiehappy:

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Getting the Rage Review up and running again?

My best advice as the author, KEEP TRACK OF DETAILS. Most of the issues that people have with the story are simply because they fail to keep track of the details and many, many readers will attest to this.

Revelations happen that take several hundred chapters to build up on. Some things come along slowly. There is a direction for the story, no matter how convoluted it seems, and it only becomes apparent about 200 to 250ish chapters in. There are things that happen in the first 10 chapters that become resolved several hundred chapters later, or have an impact later.

The scope and the scale of the story is HUGE.

It starts in the spring, late spring, it slides into summer, and most of the Shetlands Isles arc takes place in the summer. As summer ends, so does the Isles arc, and they go home. Right now in the story, winter is approaching, and THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST YEAR IN STORY TIME.

So the story is going to become a fair bit longer.

There are over one hundred named cast members, several dozen plots currently in development and open right now at this point in the story, and the era of reconstruction has just begun, so there is currently a major story shift once more as everything transitions from one thing into something else.

Most of the big adventure arcs are done. Bucky finally gets to settle down a bit for a while.

Just be careful, Down this road lies madness abound.

Getting the Rage Review up and running again?

Nope. I don't want to steal the Rage TL;DR's thunder.

And actually, I won't be able to read this so quickly because of some RL things I just remembered I have to do this weekend. I should still have it read by the end of next week. (And I forgot to include The Catch in my calculations, so there's that... EDIT: No wait, I included The Catch. It's the Lost Chapters I missed.)

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

So very nice that the Rage Review folks are harassing me again, sending me messages through alt accounts, harassing me on skype, showing up on hangouts...

You're part of a very lovely group of people, did you know that?

So very nice that the Rage Review folks are harassing me again, sending me messages through alt accounts, harassing me on skype, showing up on hangouts...

Who? If you give me names, I can ban them. That kind of behavior is not allowed from our members.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

With alt accounts, I sincerely doubt you will be able to do anything. The mods certainly can't do anything. But I do not believe your great group reformation has done much good.

3952207 Yeah... it honestly hasn't. I'm likely going to break away and become an independent reviewer.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

You should. In our interactions, you've been kind, intelligent, and surprisingly decent, no offense. Not at all what I expected.

You are really quite different than most of the folk that I've come to associate Rage Reviews with.

/Olive branches and all that.

You are really quite different than most of the folk that I've come to associate Rage Reviews with.

I get that a lot.
You're also quite different than I expected. You're a lot calmer and nicer than everyone made you out to be.

Godspeed ya mad bastard!

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

I get that a lot actually.

People flood me with hate mail and I respond... I'm a bad person. I get upset and call people on their crap, and I get called an ogre for it.

People converse with me and remain civil... and suddenly everybody is shocked, shocked that that I'm actually a nice guy. :derpytongue2:

I just don't know what went wrong.

"Treat others as you would unto yourself"

AKA You gon' act like a bitch, you gon' be treated like a bitch.

Fact:

You care for this single reader, that makes you an awesome writer.

Another note, Every time i read it, something is different.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19