OC Edit Group 67 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

This thread will be to judge OC's. Bring an OC and some of us will help judge and give advice on how to improve.

Do I have to post a picture? Can you even do that?

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3654859 I guess for now, give a brief bio. Many of us can help you. If you need to know more, go to the FAQ area.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3654859 I'll help.

Name: Crimson Crown
Short Bio: I'll let you read the story when finished
Species: Alicorn. (careful when you make these. Many people hate them)

Any other info: Comes in the story.

Name: Frosty Freeze
Short Bio: A light gray mare with a white mane that has a few light blue streaks, she has an ice cream cone as her cutie mark. Her eyes are a deeper blue, and she spends her days working her own ice cream parlor.
Species: Pegasus
Other info: Read the story

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3654916 there you go. You don't have to do what I did. Everyone does it different.

Thanks. I have an o.c. I just finished coloring, but can't think of a name for.

Name: Black Shadow
Short Bio: A black stallion with a medium length white mane and tail, he has a grey blob(blot/looks like a cloud but isn't) as his cutie mark. His eyes are red (they're slit "demon/dragon/snake/cat" when he's not concentrating on keeping them hidden (which happens a lot)) and has 2 small fangs (he can hide them but prefers not to). He spends most of his time hanging out with his group of friends (which includes his little sister and his 2 cousins)(they're also really good fighters so they protect when they need to).[yes this is a SHORT bio]
Species: Unicorn (but knows a spell that temporarily gives him wings (the spell is a family secret))
Other Info: N/A

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3655006 I know that OC seems familiar.

Hi guys! So, can anyone help me with my o.c.? She needs a name. Here is a quick bio:
A white mare with a lilac mane, and green eyes that have a slitted pupil, almost like a bat pony, which she isn't. The ends of her mane fade into a deeper purple, and she has a small section of her mane, on the left side, that is darker and has a few beads on it. Her cutie mark is a potion bottle with a few small bubbles around it, which has a blue liquid in the bottle, and light blue bubbles.
Yeah, I think that's it. Oh yeah, she's an Earth pony.

I seem to almost exclusively write for OC characters, but I think if I tried to quantify any of my OCs outside the context of the stories they appear in; my head would implode. Because for me the character belongs to the story, and is defined by it; not the other way around.

Lucas Greymane: a changeling turned earth pony. Both victim and villain of the story I wrote to explore Identity, while skirting changeling author's on fixation of love, and their place in the world. Instead I moved the plot by allowing a character to experience an existential identity crisis. This character was once Latere Vesco (To lie in wait, To feed) [wheat gold mane, and a pillowy, light dust-colored coat], once cruel bitch of a mare and the inverse of Applejack, before her mind was inevitably erased in an experiment.
Then Lacus Sceleratus (Pool of Corruption) [grass green mane, and dirt brown coat], a short tempered manipulative bastard under a great deal of pressure while trying to reconstruct his past. A stallion who is characterized almost exclusively by this struggle to find out who he is and why.
Before finally becoming Lucas Greymane in the end, the ex-Dissonant of Honesty, and all around generally pleasant dude. Possessing the same look, cutiemark, and color pallet of his alter-ego Lacus Sceleratus, as well as the lessons learned in that form. In addition to the same propensity toward, and talent for, the misdirection of Latere Vesco.
He was once part of the changeling organization HSB, one of many changeling cells that takes a dissonant approach to the Elements of Harmony, who strive to manifest some equivalent thereof. Though canon thoroughly shows that's not how it works, the changelings have no reason to know that.
This group contained six members: Deception (Latere Vesco, replaced by Floral Scent [sequel]), Dissolution (Arcanicus, replaced by Habré Kadabré [by a point of narrative focus]), Madness (Tantric Tempest), Melancholy (---), Atrophy (---), and Nature's Wrath (North Winds).

In the story only Habré Kadabré gets any face-time outside of this role. If it sounds convoluted, it probably should, since identity is a convoluted topic for which to write an exploration story about.

Name: Jill Jewel
Species: Unicorn
Coat: White
Mane and tail: Long and curly
Mane and tail colors: White, orange red, and maroon in three separate stripes.
Eyes: Maroon
Cutie Mark: A necklace with a ruby heart in the middle with smaller red orange beads off to each side.
Bio: Jill is brave and volunteers for the local fire service in he rhometown of Hoof Heights(a city a created myself with over 70 ocs in it.)
She is generous, but often forgetful and can become especially greedy around gems and precious metals.
She is overprotective of her girlfriend, Canon Sapphire Shores, but is playful and love sto do whatever her fillyfriend wants.
Jill takes the star role in my first story(which is tragically bad compared to my new ones) called A Hoof Heights Story: Jill Jewel and Sapphire Shores.
Basically people told me that the story and its characters were a little bland. Would anyone be able to help me improve her?

3660272 I have a few ideas.
Arcane
Chem Set
Or maybe Sulfur Solution?

Hi, everyone! My OC seems a bit unoriginal to me, and I was wondering if you could help me with it.
Name: Hurricane Bash
Short Bio: He's scarlet red, and he hates the color orange. His mane is a combination of red and white, with red on the inside and white on the outside. He has one red eye and one green eye. He's a DJ, and he loves dubstep.
Species: Pegasus
Other Info: He's part of the Elements of Misfortune.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3675677 we actually started doing a new way of helping with OC's.

Use this thread to help

Thanks! Sorry 'bout that!

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3675687 also, don't forget, the two arrows in the top right of the person's comment, are how you reply.

3675689 Oh. That would make sense. Thanks! I'm fairly new with commenting on this site.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3675697 I guess no one helped?

3675699 What do you mean?

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3675701 no one helped you on figuring out the comment part.

3675702 Oh. Yeah, no. Not really. Thanks to you, now I know, though.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3675704 you're welcome

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3676111 we started making individual threads for OC's

Individual thread?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26