Write For Fun, Not Fame 1,242 members · 5,487 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

I am working on a revolution story against Celestia. The main character is not a celestia fan, he doesn't like how people praise her, how she rule over the justice system, and decide who is criminal and who isn't, but what breaks him is that Celestia decide to close his pub and destroy it, this pub belongs to his family, and she decide to close it without a reason. So I need help to find a reason why, and not because health things.

Hating Celestia is kinda edgy. Has she ever done anything to warrant the people hating her, or is he just trying to go against the status quo?

He wants freedom, democracy. He asks "Why Celestia rule over us? Why won't we rule over us?"

Sounds like a common edgefic, even if I'm a Luna fan.

She's doing a good job of it. Yeesh.

Even good leaders had those who think they are wrong, and let's be honest, Celestia doesn't put her mind on the little guy. She uses other ponies as horses to her flying carriage. She can fly! She had a castle why would she need a castle? She freed enemies of the kingdom without any thought about what her people would say. If I was about to free a serial killer because I think he can change, people will freak out.

Y'know even in real life there are criminals eligible for parole. Also, we rarely see Celestia fly, those wings might not work like they used to.

7044340 All your ideas are quite removed from the MLP. There is very little of 'fan' in your fanfictions. People read either because they want more of the MLP or like the ideas. Instead of being week in both areas, I'd suggest that you aim to be strong in both. Ditch all your OCs that nobody but you cares about and write about an actual conflict that is believable and relatable. You'd get a lot more readers that way.

I did had an idea for a guardians of the galaxy casting mlp

7044366 That's a crossover, which is already pretty removed itself. Only those who are both fans of MLP and fans of that franchise might be a little interested. You're reducing your reader base from the get-go.

If you want to have loads of readers, do the following:
Take canon characters and write about them. Ditch all the OCs. Only you like your OCs. Nopony else does.

And if you can't leave your inner-rage behind, I know you can't, then write about canon villains.

And try to take a canon setting. Don't go into world-building.

I'm intrigued explain please

7044374 That was my explanation. I thought I expressed myself clearly. Which part do you want me to elaborate on?

You're making the exact same mistakes every new person who comes on this site makes. That's why I'm trying to help you. I've seen it hundreds of times before. It's always the same and they always get burned. You don't have to learn on your own mistakes. You can learn on the mistakes others made before you.

The villains idea, what kind of stories I can do with them?

You do realize that Equestria is not an Absolute Monarchy, or even a Feudal Monarchy, right? It can barely be classified as a Constitutional Monarchy, as shown by the amount of influence held by the upper class of politicians. (See Episode: Princess Spike) Also Mayor Mare is a good example of Equestria having lower level elections, so again, more democratic influence.

Equestria is (unfortunately) a very liberal state. There's really no reason for the fic you want to create, at least using Equestria as the subject of your plot lined revolution. Why would a Democratic Revolution be launched against a far-left Constitutional Monarchy, in which the monarch holds no real authority and uses no dictatorial powers? I can see why you'd want to write it, as it would make for an interesting story, but the reasonings behind why it is happening would make very little sense.

Just my two bits on it.

7044377 You know the villains. Just type one of them in the search engine on this site and read short descriptions. That should give you plenty of inspiration. And the more stories you read, the better your writing will become.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15