Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Damn, I'm tardy. Baaaad! You were supposed to give me a whack over the head if I was late!

Er hem. Anyway, last time we talked about A World Without Kindness. But now it's time again to nominate another story to read!

Here are the usual rules:
-You may not nominate a story you have written yourself at any time. In addition, you may not nominate a story that you nominated in the previous suggestion thread; you may, however, nominate a story that somebody else nominated in the last suggestion thread.
-Sensual fiction (i.e., not outright clop) can be suggested in the non-NSFW group, but must follow site rules in discussing it.
-The length cap for normal story discussion is 100,000 words, but longer stories can be discussed in the splinter discussion thread. Stories of different length will have different time limits to read them, as well.
-The reading time allotted is seven days for 50k word stories and under, while stories between 50-100k will be given up to fourteen days.

What shall we read this time, hmmm? I'll set the bar. Offer up your own suggestions!

[Tragedy] [Sad] [Slice of Life]

Rainbow Dash, the greatest flyer to ever come out of Cloudsdale, was actually foaled in little old Ponyville, or was she even foaled at all?
In the original version of MLP:FiM there was no Rainbow Dash. There was Firefly instead, but due to some legalities problems the character was cosmetically changed and renamed Rainbow Dash.
This is an fanfic adaptation of that transition based on material posted online from excerpts of interviews by Fyre Fly (Lauren Faust) herself.

Bad_Seed_72
Group Admin

*whacks CV over the head* There you go. :ajsmug:

I actually have a story to nominate this time... Will post later, though.

The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon

[Romance] [Slice of Life] [Alternate Universe]

In a world of brass and steam, Twilight Sparkle had thought she had made a life-changing discovery with the invention of the telescope.
In a very real sense, she was correct.

Now her discovery has not only changed her life, but the lives of those she seeks out in her desperate attempt to contact the only other creature as lonely as Twilight herself.

It all would have been much simpler, but it had to be the one Twilight could only call The Mare on the Moon.
Decidedly not within walking distance, then.

The Monster in the Twilight by Georg.

[Sad] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe]

We all know the story of how the Princess’ young student and five friends defeated Nightmare Moon, and brought Princess Luna back to our lands. But what if the tale were false? What if the young Twilight Sparkle on the event of her entrance exam had not been rescued by Princess Celestia, but instead lost her mind among the power of her youthful surge, and had to be sent away, far away before she could destroy all of Canterlot with her newfound power. Now the feral unicorn prowling the Everfree Forest only vaguely remembers her past, slipping away from constant terrifying attempts to capture her.

And she is beginning to remember what true power felt like.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4