Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
trombrony98
Group Admin

Flash Sentry Is Not A Hero by Bad Dragon
Comedy and Slice of Life
4,078 words

Grammar: 10/10
Not a conventional writing style by any means, but still has excellent grammar.
Characterization: 10/10
What can I say about this... this story takes a deeply introspective look into the mind of Flash Sentry, and sweet Celestia does it go the distance. I'd be willing to say this version of Flash Sentry is more fleshed out than the animated version, with a comical seriousness and an actual compelling backstory.
Use of Canon: 10/10
Not only does this story take Flash Sentry and make him a fully fleshed out character, it also provides a humorous look at the Royal Guard and the procedure around Dignitary visits.
Consistency: 9/10
The plot remains fairly consistent throughout. There's a few rough patches where the flow of events is hard to follow, such as the balloon scene, but nothing that detracts from the story.
Coherence: 8.5/10
The general premise of Flash Sentry being on guard while dignitaries are visiting is apparent enough, but the thought process of Flash can occasionally be hard to follow. The rest of the story makes up for it, though, with anecdotes about his father and grandfather, and the overall tone of the story.
Extras by Category:
Slice of Life: 5/5
This may be the biggest moment of Flash's career, but the slice of life feel is still maintained very well throughout.
Comedy: 4.5/5
Not quite a belt-buster, but Flash takes things so seriously it's hard not to chuckle.

Total: 57/60 95% ACCEPTED

Notes: This is arguably the best Flash Sentry fic on this site. Why are there so many downv- wait. Nevermind. I've forgotten that everybody hates him. Still, worth a read if have the time.

Darn it. My "To Read" list just got longer

5633944 Thank you for taking the time to review my story. It pleases me very much that it got accepted.

And now... time for a victory dance!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3