Nonpareil Fiction 286 members · 273 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Twi-Fi
Group Admin

So in hindsight, we probably should have announced the winner for this contest on Valentine's Day Hearts and Hooves Day, but we'll just brush over that.

Declaring the winner for this contest was very difficult with the arrival of a surprise story. An honorable mention goes out to Cerulean Voice for Crystal Legacy for making it really hard for us to decide on a winner. This story is very good and worth a read. There will also be a review coming out for this story very soon.

Okay, onto our contest winner!

Lovey Dovey and the Business Pony
By: Crystal Wishes

Story Description:
Lovey Dovey is not only a professional matchmaker, but she's pretty sure she's the best in all of Equestria! What happens when Lovey hears about an eligible bachelor in Manehattan that isn't giving any mares the time of day? Well, she packs her bags and hops on the next train, of course!

What I was expecting:
Well, I didn't expect a lot—that is to say I didn't have an negative expectations, I was just neutral before diving in.

What I thought:

Those neutral feelings vanished pretty quickly. I fell in love with Lovey Dovey instantly. How could you not love her? She's so cute and quirky. By the second chapter this story had me laughing so hard. What makes this story particularly funny is not what's said but the situations these characters are put in. Of course I knew how it was going to end... ish. But that didn't matter, because I was so wrapped up in how fun these characters were. The use of irony is worth mentioning too. For a matchmaker, she was pretty clueless about love in some regards.

Well, what else can I say? I'm a sucker for romance, and this story really took everyone by surprise.

-Twi-Fi

I go by the rule that if anything Valentine's related makes it out in February it counts!

Congratulations to Crystal Wishes on the contest win!

Thank you and the other judges so much for the opportunity! I'm positively thrilled and humbled at the news. It means a lot to me that you enjoyed the story and characters as much as you did, so again, thank you! :heart:

GG, Crystal Wishes. I'll have to give your story a read sometime. :raritywink:

4096792 Thank you! I admit it was intimidating to enter into a contest with you in the running. Your story was a real treat to read!

No, thank you. I loved that story. We all did.

Also, 4096792, no hard feelings, eh? You were close. It was a close competition.

Congratulations! I'll have to check your story out :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7