Knights of the 'something' table! 89 members · 230 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

Tale of Derpy Hooves and Time Turner

This week the fic of Derpy and The Doctor was voted to be the worst of the week by The Table and I must agree with DE_K.

"I think your story just gave me jet lag, and dropped my IQ by at least ten points."

This author has the top three pet peeves of mine. Not indenting, not formatting right and not capitalizing their I's, but to the story. Firstly, this story was some of the worst formatting I've ever seen, probably in the top five stories, I'm surprised it even passed. She then has in her summery to not be a hater, we all know how well that went with Zeldafand. The thing that irks me especially is how the summery is like a conversation. How hard is it to describe what may or may not happen and then interest the reader by giving a little insight on the book, not that hard. 

Secondly, I want to address the reaction of the author. Something that BadFanfics said will show the opinion of many of the readers.

"Fuck this author. She doesn't know what doctor who even is."

Let's start off with how she was banned from Devianart. How do you make that happen, I thought they accepted anyone in to their site. And almost every chapter she writes in the author notes how she got banned and that she begs to not have that happen here, I mean that's just asking to have yourself banned.  Now I do want to discuss how she reacted to one of the comments of the reader saying to hang her computer, answering with "What the flip does that mean". It feels like she thinks that not having the mature content on will take away the ability to cuss, now I'm not someone who does that but I can say that how she reacted with flip makes it way less menacing.

Lastly would be the story itself explained in a comment by The General.

"Inconsistency? Where?"

Their whole life was explained in a thousand words, every chapter was baisicly a big summery of what happened during certain points in their life's. Everything wasn't similar and somehow the author revealed The Doctors name. I haven't even watched an episode and I can say that it's on the top if things you should never do with Doctor Who. I hope this author will learn from the many comments and find an editor. This was a sad try at a Doctor Who story and I'll have to give this story a 0/10. In closing a quote from The Burgler.

"May this fic rest in pieces"

Till the next one

-R

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3549346 If I may, there are still chances that stories can be redeemed. I had some trouble, but I turned it around, so if the writer takes time and not get after others, then maybe they story can be fixed.

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3549346 Shadow, you repeated the first paragraph twice.

Oh God...I can't stop myself!
*summary
*lives

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

Sorry, sorry, fixed.

Sauron
Group Contributor

Summary is still spelled wrong.

She then has in her summery to not be a hater, we all know how well that went with Zeldafand. The thing that irks me especially is how the summery is like a conversation.

every chapter was baisicly a big summery of what happened during certain points in their life's.

Here, summary, basically, and lives are all wrong.

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, or a jerk, but if you're going to critique a story, do it correctly.

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

Thanks, I'm not worried about it. I'll keep it in mind for the next one. And I think I did fine with critiquing it, errors that people will auto correct on their minds doesn't make much of a difference though.

3549346 There are many many Derpy and Dr. Whooves fan fics, which author are you talking about?

Since most of those fics work, and mean Derpy is a great background pony to use. How can you mess up a pairing like that?
I'm even helping some one with a Derpy / Dr. Who fic where he gets sent to hang out with Twilights idol to beat Grogar.

3549346 Never mind I followed the link and the Pic said it all then the first chapter made ti worse.:pinkiesick:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9