Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

So this contest is starting early and running an extra week. (We will still have something next week, but it will be a bit different)
Anyway, onto the prompt and stuff
Prompt: Rainbow Rocks/Sunset Shimmer (either or both)
Theme: music, expectations, long distance friendships, Manipulation, Deception (any)
Challenge (+1 point): Ship TaviScratch, Make Maud have her own band, use vinyl scratch as the main pov (any)
Genre: Any
Rating: Everyone or Teen.
Length: 1,000-15,000 words
Deadline: 1st of November
Prizes: Featured on this group
Review and pencil sketch of selected fic and reading (thanks to Terein)
for second place a review will be supplied as well
All entries will receive a "mini review" in their comments

I would like to nominate my story Rainbow's Mind Controlling Guitar!

3715111 HMM. Maybe. I'll try.

3715371 noooo... you have to :fluttershysad:
You were looking forward to this

3715377 It is exams week next week, and the one after that is grades week. I don't know if my self-esteem will survive it. I'll try tho.

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Hmm... I think I'll enter myself into this. Is it okay to use a story idea I had before the contest?

I'm working on setting up a teaching story for my favorite subjects. Since it uses human Twilight, it's Rainbow Rocks related. It has long distance relationships (between worlds), and some manipulation. And I doubt I can teach everything about the engine and the internet in less than 15000 words, but the setup alone should be a decent story.

Also, I think the cover picure is probably better than any sketch I might receive, but I'd love a review once I change everything again.

Edit: 20 internets to whoever guesses what's on the blackboard in my cover pic.

3715707 you don't get the sketch unless you win:raritywink:
and yah, its okay ( I think. it wasn't in the past, but what the potato, I control this group now :pinkiecrazy:) (also, in the past, you could only start writing it after the prompt)
anyway... it sounds really good, I look forward to reading it

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Yay for new things!

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Actually, for fairness, I think I'll force myself to send it in one day before the deadline, since I think I started that story about one day ago.

3715782 *high fives for being a good sport and stuff*

3715111 Wow, this weeks prompt is difficult for me. *Flees*

hailspider
Group Admin

Ship TaviScratch

A shipping-related challenge? I do not approve. :ajbemused:

is it okay since there are other challenges that you can do?

3716444 I'll try and not post shipping challenges in the future

hailspider
Group Admin

3716479 Let me clarify my stance: shipping challenges are allowed, as long as they are non-specific and do not force you to use certain characters.
Ex. "Ship two characters with opposing personalities".

3716510 kk, will remember that for the future

Just a reminder to all of you that the contest ends in about a week. Keep on writing!:pinkiehappy:

Do I post my story in here? If so, here it is. I hope you like it.

yah, although it helps if you put it in the folder. I'll add it to the folder for you.

Oops, actually, I just reread the rules, and I actually wrote this particular story before the prompt was given, so I don't think it's qualified to be in there. Sorry if I'm wasting your time, that's my bad.

oh thanks for saying that. things can get really confusing with people posting stuff they wrote not for the contest.
anyway, this weeks contest looks like there aren't many people participating, so idk, I may be able to put yours in the contest.

3715111 Can I submit my story tomorrow, or does it have to be today? At what time?

3753419 I wouldn't stop you; I just didn't want to be breaking any rules. I'll be sure to write up something within the parameters of the contest next time.

it can be tomorow, and it would be good if you could get it in by 8 p.m. EST, but we'll probably still judge it if you get it in later

3755611 are you going to be able to get it in soon?

3756593 I'm hoping to have it finished before nine. Definitely before nine thirty. Not sure how long before it is approved.

3756593 I finished the story, Just Beat It. I am currently trying to figure out how to submit it on mobile.

Edit: And waiting for approval.

Okay so this week we had a lot of stories that weren't written for this contest (making them illegitimate) but since there were so many, the illegitimate story that stands above them all will be featured.

but first to the legit stories:
In first place Long Live Sonata Dusk
2nd (who placed by half a point): Beat It
3rd: Tough Choices

And the illegitimate winner: Chief Keef Wins the Battle of the Bands

Horse Voice I'll be getting to you soon about that review and art soon, but for now I'm super busy

also, ill get around to commenting on peoples stories sooner or later, but I think I'll only do the legitimate ones

Very cool! Thanks in advance!

3760370 Wow, hey, thanks for looking at my story even when it wasn't really legit, I really appreciate it. I'll try to whip up something appropriate for the next contest, thanks again!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34