No Originality Brigade 299 members · 1,135 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
hailspider
Group Admin

There are just so MANY OF THEM. It's pretty much the laziest excuse for a HiE and a crossover, yet it's so common and popular. A lot of the authors don't seem to know much about cosplay either... . So, what are your opinions on the subject?

3517757 I could never grasp that either. I always assumed that I didn't understand it because I don't cosplay and therefore don't know what I'm missing. We should ask somepony that cosplays.

When someone makes something original, people will always skull fuck the originality right out of it

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

So, what are your opinions on the subject?

Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark! :twilightangry2:

We could have a contest to see who can write the most unoriginal one.

hailspider
Group Admin

3517850 Yes, we could. And probably will.

ZeroChill
Group Contributor

I'm writing one just to show how stupid they are and for your contest. You only need to read one to read them all, really.

Spoiler: The character cosplays as a monstrous god.

So...Kim Kardashian?:pinkiegasp:

ZeroChill
Group Contributor

That would actually be amusing to read.

So, I'm one of those Displaced authors. And my fic is now one of the many you have added. Personally I would like to ask to have it removed as I believe it gives people the wrong idea when it comes to Displaced fics. I agree with you that the concept is not that original, but there are also many different ways people try to distinguish their own Displaced fics. When mine got placed in this group I got worried that it might give the impression that I'm not trying to distinguish my story, yet it is something I am trying to do. I believe I have some unique elements, one of them being the young age of the MC.

Also, the reason I'm posting my request for removal of my fic here, is because I couldn't find any appropriate place specifically designated for such requests. Thank you for your time, and please consider my request.

EDIT: The story I want removed is "The lone spark".

4521189 I refer you to this thread for your answer.

I have nothing good to say about them. I also find it sad that so many new authors start out with that exact idea for their first story, and then throw a temper tantrum when people tell them the truth about the sorry excuse for a genre it is.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13