The Sirens 1,346 members · 1,184 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

We have been seeing the girls back for a while after they ran out of the stage in rainbow rocks back at 2014, currently we haven't seen anything about them in the present(note I say present), their fans want the back heck even their voice actress mentioned they would love to do them again.

Thankfully they haven't been forgotten after their introduction. We saw them in the 3rd issue of fiendship is magic giving them backstory(later retconed) and Adagio got her own EQG mini(own 2 by the way).

Not only that! we got a mention of them in both friendship games and legend of everfree(why do they tease us). Surprisingly we got to see them again recently. First in the Legends of Magic comic series(i don't know how canon this is) were we saw them before they started their whole bringing hate(and the retcon on the fiendship is magic issue) and finally they made an appearance in the show canon showing how they gon banished.

I say on how much they are being teased I hope they will appear on the new EQG series yet how is unkown. Heck the pony of shadows at the end of season 7's final could have ended up in the human world and since he and the sirens hate the same characters he could help restore their powers somewhat.

Please goodness no. Bringing Chrysalis back was disastrous, and the sirens deserve better than that. The characters most loved are those you should be most reluctant to bring back.

How would you go about them returning in a way that lived up to Rainbow Rocks?

The word is "Retcon", not "Reckon" - they mean two totally different things. As for their appearance in "Legends of Magic", well, that's got slightly greater weight in canon now that the people writing the show and the people writing the comics are working together more closely.

Anyway, as for the return of the Sirens, it's entirely within the realm of probability. I figure the writers are just waiting for a good chance to bring them back.

It's actually really simple. The comics are not canon.

If Hasbro, DHX, M.A. Larson, or someone on the MLP:FiM staff with authority to make such statements says, "the comics are canon to the show now" then they become canon. More likely, they might suggest specific comics are treated as canon.

It really is not that hard to grasp. The comics can print whatever they want, before or after the show does the same thing, contradict each other all they like, and it doesn't matter. Because the comics are not canon.

Canon doesn't matter to you, me, or anyone else on Fimfic either. Not the way people imagine it does when they try to suggest the comics are canon. If you want to write some fanfic or discuss the source material of that fanfic or discussion, you can freely include the comics or not. As you determine what is canon to your own stories as the author. If you want to write some fanfic with the Sirens' backstory, you can freely choose to use the comic's version of their banishment or the cartoons, or your own different take on it. The only difference is that if you don't use the cartoon's canon as your source material, then you run the higher risk of readers not being familiar with your source material, and thus you have to do more explaining in your story.

That's it.

Why the hell does this keep coming up? Why do people constantly hedge and hem and haw around the comics and go, "well... I dunno if this is canon" when the answer is bloody clear. It's not fucking rocket science. You do know. This is a factual thing you have now learned. Look it up. Look up how this works. This isn't some opinion that people can just disagree on. It makes you look damn foolish to treat it that way.

"So, the comics do a thing. I personally, as someone with an opinion and enough balls to express an opinion, like or dislike what the comics did."

You don't fucking need to mention canon, because it's stupid.

I'm with you there. I loved the sirens and want to see more of them so badly, but right now I just dont have faith in the writers to do it without ruining them...

Honestly they are probably the best 'original' villains from the EG verse so odds of them coming back is pretty high if you ask me.

Honestly the Dazzlings give off an Ed Edd and Eddy vibe and I'd love to see more of them. While I do wanna see redemption for them I want it to have build up. Have the Dazzlings be a small antagonist element perhaps controlled or manipulated by someone else and then have them gradually gain redemption on their own through their own efforts. Sonata would be the first. Followed by Aria and then finally Adagio.

...I honestly wish I could go a day without feeling like a massive idiot.

I doubt that someone will try to manipulate them considering that Adagio is far too cunning for that.

They lost their magic and may be desperate. Cunning she may be I don't see Adagio being one to deny help if it can get her something she wants...plus if it were someone like let's say Discord? He is capable of manipulating anyone

6180382 The climax of the last EG short this summer was Starlight, Sunset and Sci-Twi pointing out to Juniper that they'd all done the redemption thing already. So, adding in Juniper and Gloriosa (and removing Starlight, since she was an EG guest visitor), that's four EG villains who've already had that story arc. In fact that's every single one of them except the sirens. Do we really want to retread that same ground yet again? Not to mention that in the show itself, we can include Luna, Discord, Starlight, Trixie, Gilda... am I forgetting any? Can we please have a different story idea?

That was one of the few things To Where And Back Again got right - it didn't go through on redeeming Chrysalis, leaving one of the big Equestrian villains still loose in the world as a threat, along with Tirek locked up in Tartarus.

The other thing is that half the appeal of the Dazzlings was how wonderfully fun they were when they were evil. Without that, they'd be just the same as all the other guilt-ridden used-to-be-charismatic characters. I'd really rather not see that happen to them. I like them just as they are, and I don't see why you'd want them to come back just to change them. Imagine if the Joker decided to atone for his crimes, or if Regina George became all nice. It just wouldn't be as fun, and they'd lose a lot of what made them special in the first place.

But also, don't forget that they're sirens. They're not just some antagonistic force. Just as changelings disguising themselves as loved ones and feasting on the love given to them by subterfuge is the key part of their identity (both in the show and in folklore), sirens exist to sing, and lure the innocent to their deaths with their beautiful voices. They were the perfect enemy for Rainbow Rocks, a movie about a music contest. Like, if you were looking through Greek mythology for the enemy to choose in a musical battle, there's no one else you'd go for instead. How can you match that for their return, without just another musical battle story? How can you fit in another three songs, and keep them plot-relevant? The only way I can think of would be to throw shame to the wind and make an EG movie called Rainbow Rocks 2 (and hey, it'd probably be the best thing in the franchise since Rainbow Rocks 1, so... :unsuresweetie:).

I'm slightly paraphrasing my own story here, but whatever the sirens try next, they're reduced. Because the Rainbooms have already beaten them at their own game. It'd be like the Rainbooms defeating gorgons in a staring contest, only for the gorgons to return in a sequel and challenge them to a game of baseball or something. If the Rainbooms have already out-sung the sirens, what possible chance do the sirens have against them in another field?

Careful with that 'manipulated by someone else' bit. Winx Club did that with the Trix and it never ended.

Yet Discord himself got manipulated...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12