Comments ( 71 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 71

Also magic.

AKA the fun part.

I have two questions. First, can I submit more than one story? Second, do Crystal Ponies count as ponies, and can I have the non-pony perspective come from a Saddle Arabian horse? The Saddle Arabian can be substituted for another species, but for my story to work I would need to use Crystal Ponies.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

The rules limit entrants to one story per, sorry! Next, crystal ponies would indeed be ponies for the purposes of this contest, so no narrating from their POV. Saddle Arabians, on the other hand, would probably fly just fine for that. I don't believe they have cutie marks, after all.

3528171 Of course, I was just checking that Crystal Ponies were indeed counted as ponies and Saddle Arabians were not. Since that is the case, then my story should work. I just hope the twist I plan on including at the end will also be acceptable, but that I can't just spill out willy nilly and ruin it now can it? :raritywink:

My story is in google documents. How do I give u access to it?
Contact me phantombroniekat@gmail.com

Comment posted by Aquaman deleted Aug 12th, 2014
CouchCrusader
Group Admin

3531791 Looks like you got your story in okay. I'll add it to the group when I get back home from work tonight.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

As we get closer to the submission deadline, this question's popping up a little more often:

>> I've sent in a story already. Can I revise and resubmit it, or submit a different story?

Yes to all of those, so long as you get them in before the deadline. If you're submitting a different story, remember that you are only allowed one entry in this contest: your older story will be removed from the group and the contest.

I have a question partly related to that. If one was to submit the story and it gets added to the group, then the author edits it (here on FiMfic, just to, say, fix a grammar mistake), you don't have to resubmit it as long as you haven't changed the description, tags, title, or characters, correct?

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

3532597 That's pretty spot on.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

I made a small addition to how you should submit your stories to this contest if you are hosting it on FimFiction. Newcomers to this site should take note (or find the red N.B.! in the FAQ itself), since it's pretty crucial to getting your story read by the public AND getting it into the group.

I submitted the form, but the story is still waiting for approval on the site. Is that alright? Or should I submit the form after the site approves it?

I began this week with only 1k words, and now I'm around 6500 in the span of 4 days. Mostly because I've been staying up way past my sleeping time :ajsleepy:
Hello, this is Goldymarg ~

Question: I'm currently starting an open-world anthology collab that is a collection of stand-alone short stories, and I was wondering if my entry could be the first story I've written for it. Does my entry need to be a separate story, or can it be part of an early collection of stories?

On a scale of 1 to Cork, how screwed are the judges right now?

I'd wager somewhere between 4 and Driver.

3539124 More about six and hammer.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

3538623 I just added it to the group, so it must've gotten approved before I got around to it.

It'd be easier for me to add stories to the group after they've been posted to the front page, to be honest, but I understand people are really excited to send their stories in! Can't do much to stop them, I guess!

3538702 John's right -- as long as your story's written for this contest and can stand on its own as a complete story, you're golden!

I have a quick question, but what kind of words did you mean by "Five-ish Words that Describe Your Story"? Did you mean descriptive ones like "sad" or like key words like "changeling" or a short description like "A Changeling is Alone"?

Comment posted by Fluttercheer deleted Aug 16th, 2014

Are entrants allowed to correct typos at this point, or should they refrain from any edits at all until after the contest has closed?

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

3543914 I'm fine with folks tightening up their grammar and typoes -- that kind of thing. Adding entire new chapters after we've closed entries? That's not cool.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 71