Supportive Commentary Club 78 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

Have questions about the group? Well we have answers, ask away!

Bad Dragon
Group Contributor

3422901 When you want to get together with more than one person, you just ask the third person to join you. Sometimes it works out.

lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

3422901 Hi To get in the group just push te green button at the top of your screen that says 'join'.

said actions have previously been taken...
how do i "Supportive Commentary Club"?

lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

3425510 Well, you can become a reviewer, submit a story, join the contest, talk with people on the forums, or just join and hang around. It's your choice. Is there something in particular that you need help with? :raritystarry:

what do you suggest doing to take full advantage of being a part of this group?

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3430572 you could do what I'm doing, which is help review stories. I'm helping only a little with grammar, since you know mine has some trouble. There are six of us doing that, and I'm about to make some changes to mine.

lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

Hi! Besides just joining and hanging around, there are three big things you can do in this club.
-Submitting a story
-Becoming a reviewer
-Joining the contests.

Let's go over each one.

How to submit a story:
Submitting a story for review is very easy to do. First simply pop over to our 'Meet the Reviewers' page in our forums: http://www.fimfiction.net/group/203549/supportive-commentary-club/thread/112922/meet-your-reviewers and find a reviewer you like. Than find their folder in our stories archive and submit your fic! Our reviewers will get back to you as soon as they are able to.

How to become a reviewer
PM me at http://www.fimfiction.net/user/lunaisbestpony1 with a review of a story, any story. Please be respectful with the review and please make it somewhat long and in depth. Once your review has been accepted I will appoint you to the job of commentator, from there you will create a post in the 'Meet your reviewers' forum thread and receive your own folder that authors will submit stories to for you to review. Also, be prepared to be asked what type of fics you want to review. If you would like to review solely adventure fics, than tell me and I'll create a sub folder in your review folder for adventure fics. If you would like to review only shipfics, or even gore fics, than just tell me. I strive for only the best treatment of my fellow commentators, you will not have to review anything you are opposed to. Please consider joining.

How to participate in contests
Jump over to our monthly contests thread and read up on the rules.
Here's a link!
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/203549/supportive-commentary-club/thread/118975/monthly-contest-72-82
Now, most people aren't all that comfortable with becoming reviewers, BUT if you would like to e an active member of our group I highly suggest participating in our contests. They are open to all and they are fun. Check it out!

lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

Did that cover all of your worries?
To sum it up:
Submit
Review
Compete
:pinkiehappy:

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

your grammar is greatly improving
firstly, i find the "meet your reviewers" section to be barely informational, as most of them just talk about liking ships and romance stories... :applejackunsure:
secondly, i'm terrible at giving numbered scores (10/10, would not rate on a 10/10 scale \o/) and that's how you guys seem to do it here, coupled with the fact that my standard responses to how things are consist of "blows", "not very good", "really good", or "i liked it", will provide substandard feedback to those requesting to be reviewed. i'm a much better proofreader in scrutinizing details and prodding people's grammar than just saying "eeyup, this was okay and this other thing was not so great".
thirdly, i can't just magic up a story between a couple characters, like the current one of "ship spike and a character he's not normally shipped with". more power to you guys if you can, but i can't, anything i write requires superfluously massive amounts of previous thought. \o/
it not only covered my worries, but affirmed them and cemented my place in the background. :rainbowlaugh: i guess i'll just be chilling out over here, thanks for answering my questions.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor
lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

3434357 :applejackconfused: Uh, okay. Sorry it wasn't to your liking? :applejackunsure:

that's not a problem, it's not my group, i guess i'll just hang around and proofread for anyone in this group if they want, seeing as how "The Proofreader Group" was somewhat defunct the last time i checked...

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3437041 I did notice that some of them groups have not been the best around sometimes. Proofreader or Editor groups.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15