Over the Hill Authors 148 members · 416 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
SPark
Group Admin

Okay! I've decided that the contest idea is definitely go.

The theme will be "Regrets", so entries need to deal in some way with a pony looking back on the past, suffering from past decisions, overcoming past mistakes, etc.

The contest will not be starting right now, because first I'd like to find a judge or two to help me with it, I don't want to be sole arbiter of what wins. So if you'd rather read stories than write them (or can't write at the moment, or whatever) and still want to participate, let me know, and I'll put you down as a judge.

Once that's sorted, I'll be announcing the start date, it'll probably be sometime in the next week or two, so everyone else should start thinking about their ideas.

P.S. You will NOT be required to join this group in order to enter the contest, it will be open to all writers of all ages.

SPark
Group Admin

So... it seems like there isn't actually any interest in this. I don't want to run a contest where I'm the only judge and nobody enters. So unless some folks turn up suddenly out of the woodwork, I'm going to call this off.

3592841 Oh, I completely missed this first time around. Damn knighty and his not fixing the notifications system.

I can judge, if needed.

3575856 Can it be in Google Doc? What's the deadline?

DH7

I can safely say that I need to stay away from contests. I wouldn't be opposed to judging.

Might need to advertise the contest before you really start getting takers. Shameless Self promotion and blog posts. I'll advertise on my blog,as well, if it would help. I don't think a thread in a forum that's semi-active will cut it.

3593487 Wy Y U no kontest joyn?

DH7
DH7 #8 · Sep 1st, 2014 · · ·

Because I have three unfinished multi-chapter fics, I still need to revise a one-shot, and I'm making Doom WADS.

Apparently, it's a heck of a lot easier than I thought it was. All I'm really doing is replacing image files to make Doom look like Silent Hill. Might do a pony version next.

Huh. I missed this too. I'm not really a judgey-person, but I might be interested in the contest itself.

SPark
Group Admin

3593487 Yeah, I plan on advertising it. I just kinda figured if I had NO interest at all here in the group, even aggressive advertising wasn't likely to get me far. Nice to see that some folks are actually interested. Looks like I'll have enough judges after all! I'll work out a deadline schedule and PM you nice folks about judging, and get everything ready to go asap, then!

DH7

There's a serious lack of Luna AND cookies in your avatar. Explain this travesty!

It will be fixed soon. Because soon...

I'll give it a go, when you feel like coming back to it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13