Backgroundia 57 members · 91 stories
Comments ( 59 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 59
Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

I'm hoping to make this thread more or less a continuation of both the Chat of the Backgroundians, and the introduce yourself threads. I hope that among our small and slowly increasing group that we can become a family of sorts (regardless of how cheesy that sounds :derpytongue2:) I want this to be an open chat where we can have daily or even spur of the moment topics that we can talk about amongst ourselves for fun. If you wish to speak your mind simply drop it below and we shall talk... :duck: Dahling.

Hmm.. topics you say?

Google topic. First image is:

Hot Topic is where Emos come from. Emos are like goths. Bat Ponies are goth!

There. Five degrees of separation to boat ponies.

Bat ponies are now on topic and shall be discussed.

Bad Dragon
Group Contributor

3225683 There seems to be a lot of hybrids in Equestria. In my head canon bat ponies are just another breed of hybrids. I assume they were first made by science or magic (not by pony having sex with a different species).

Yes. I like to think that Luna created them originally. That idea is somewhat common in Fanfics.

Bad Dragon
Group Contributor

3225821 I didn't know about that fandom head canon. Her banishment does make more sense if you include this atrocities to her criminal record.

Makes perfect sense.

Luna is jealous because ponies sleep through the day, so she makes nocturnal ponies.

Bad Dragon
Group Contributor
FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3225836 I, am the biggest fallout equestria fan ever, and I would say that bat ponies where made by Luna* herself, if you've read project horizons, then you may or may not know the certain character by which I learned of this... stygius...

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

I'm sorry Jack but that is such a you thing to bring up. I also agree with you guys, I believe they were made by dark magic that could easily trace back to any or even all of the shows main villains. Quite possibly discord, although nightmare moon does seem to be a strong possibility. I'm already liking this thread.:eeyup:

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3226258 yes, yes, its a common thing for me to do, but anyways, Nightmare moon making them does sound to be correct:moustache: but I am not that good at figuring out that kinda crud :pinkiecrazy:

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

Anyone up for throwing in another topic?:duck: I can't think of anything at the moment.

ChristiOlon
Group Admin

I have to put a new topic in here, it's getting a bit depressing.

The 'HOT TOPIC' will now be about clopfics:

What are your thoughts about them and if you read them or not (Personally I have read only one, but that's saying a lot considering I've only read 3 stories not including the clopfic).

Guess it's up to me again.

Did you ever notice that the shipping of the BG mane 6 is always paired manic/serious? Lyra/Bonbon, Vinyl/Octavia, Derpy/Doctor.

Someone should ship them differently, like Lyra/Vinyl or Octavia/Doctor! Think of how thrilling it would be!

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

Hazza! The topics have been doubled!

Ok Nick I'm going to try and be brief with you since that is a simple question for me: I have a very, very tiny addiction to clop fics and clopping in general. BOOM! I said it like a pussy but I fucking said it. Woo! I need to calm the fuck down but it feels, so. Damn. Good. To say that.

Epsilon I'm gonna ante up our friendship and just say one: Jack I swear if you miss that reference I will smack you through time and space and two: Epsilon I love you because we think alike. But I'm not sure how it would fly within the community at this point. Think about it this way, people have been doing those ships since both characters in each ship were (unfortunately not formally) introduced. At this point people are so penned up in their shipping caves with pen and paper not wanting to leave their comfortable pairings or personalities. Honestly I want to have a fic with Lyra and Vinyl where they are both (more or less) cynical and "happy" as a couple but most people would want to put my head on a stake because they are "supposed" to be optimistic and with other ponies because that's what they are comfortable with, this is gonna sound bad but it's very slightly similar to how the south was comfortable with slavery back in the day. It's what they knew and they didn't want it to go away, like I said bad example but it has a smidge of common ground.

I. Love. This. Thread. :heart::rainbowkiss::raritystarry::yay::pinkiehappy::ajsmug::trollestia::twilightsmile::eeyup::moustache::heart:

When you say "Jack" are you talking to me or someone else?

I know it would be jarring to see them in different relationships, but that would kind of be the point. It would make it unique.

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3233988 Oh sorry about that BlazingHeart715 is Jack. Also I admit it would be unique but a lot of people would flip their shit, I'm willing to test it however, well eventually. :eeyup:

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3234130 I am jack, your welcome for that clearing up.:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin
FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3236267 Don't feel bad, I felt the same when I saw how stupid you word your blog posts. :twilightsheepish:

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3236311 :rainbowlaugh: It's only because I blog when I'm either tired or hyped up on caffeine. I have a few intelligent ones that aren't senseless rambling.

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3236348 This does not matter, you're inadequate.:trollestia:

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3236360 I can be. Anyone want to throw in another topic or do I actually have to throw one in for once? :duck:

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3237481 anything and everything fallout equestrian.

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

I mean something specific.

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3242308 "Why BlackJack is Bi-sexual. or why littlepip is not bi-sexual."

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

So the sexuality of the FoE heroines? Ok shoot what's your opinion on their sexuality?

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3242308 Black Jack had some "Fun" times with quite a few stallions...

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3242353 well, Black Jack being Bi-Sexual is amazingly funny, and amazingly arousing, JK. and littlepip is mostly Bi, and puppy smiles is just to innocent to be any sexuality. murky(Who is a male) had a relationship with somepony, but brutally murdered her in a blind rage. and a ton of other fallout equestria stories as well with the bi or lesbo female main characters...

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

Oh-kay then we'll that kinda clears that up.

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3242377 your welcome! :trollestia:

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3242377 all the spoilers I can think of right now, but not sayin' them.

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

Can we chat about the CMC for a bit? I'm not thinking anything specific but just the average topics about them such as possible talents and the oh so classic question of what you would prefer their sexuality to be (such as straight, gay or bi.) As a warning for future topics I'm just gonna say I think that lesbian horses are best horses. Back onto the topic: the infamous Cutie Mark Crusaders and everything involving the cute little fillies.

First off I want to know what you guys think each of the CMC is talented at. Who wants to pitch in on this topic first so I can followup with my opinion?

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin
Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3248368 How does that have any relevancy to what I said? :duck:

Sweetie Belle is my favorite, cause she's crazy.

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3248641 I don't even know my favorite of them three, they all have great personalities. Well actually I think I probably like Scootaloo the most and Sweetiebelle second. I like Apple Bloom too but I just think she tends to be the more bland of the bunch. :applecry:

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3248748 you know what, when has anything I've ever said in this chat have to do with any topic you mention?

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3249885 I'm not sure Jack. :eeyup:

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3252067 then why are we here, what's the point of this chat? Why am I here? Idk anymore...

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3253061 Its a fun little thing I legitimately enjoy posting on and you refuse to share your opinion.

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3253739 ehh, what can I say, im not the sharpest nail in the box...

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3259221 Indeed, butt I still luv u bby I tink yur bootyful. :rainbowkiss: :heart:

(:rainbowlaugh:)

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3259792 I thnk bootyful two. :rainbowlaugh:

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

Since I've managed to get my lazy ass over here for the first time in forever, NEW TOPIC.

Let's talk about something I'm constantly asked by my friends.

"What will you do when FiM ends?"

Honestly once gen4 has its final season I'm going to stay true to the fandom and definitely stay on Fimfiction for the time in between gen4 and gen5.

Who knows, maybe I will actually have something written on the site without the extra distraction.

What will you guys do when FiM has its last episode? :duck:

Dead Account 19
Group Contributor

When FiM ends...

Shieeeeeeet. I suppose I'd just move on, having enjoyed my time spent in the fandom. I mean, I'm assuming it's what I'll do, I've done it to other fandoms, such as Halo (And no, 343 Studios has such audacity to call this shit 'Halo')! But I'll never leave here; at least, not for a while.

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

3279943 I'm hoping to stick with the fandom for as long as it's alive, if generation 5 is anywhere near as good as FiM I will be there too, no doubt about it. :ajsmug:

ChristiOlon
Group Admin

This thread is getting depressing again, time for another New Topic
What do you guys think the worst episode was for any season of FiM.

To be honest with you, the one and only episode that actually had to stop, walk away, and resume at a later time was Spike at your service. It was overall a very annoying and childish episode, I know the target audience is 8-10 year old girls, but this episode could have been for a fucking 5 year old. :twilightangry2:

So, what was your least favorite?

FrostyVirago715
Group Admin

3303793 The Weird Al episode

Wolfe and WindSilver
Group Contributor

I guess "Putting Your Hoof Down." And only because I felt that it was too out of character of Flutters. I feel like she should have realized much sooner that she was hurting her friends. Or at least been reluctant to use what Iron Will had taught her at least until her friends encouraged her to do so.

Talia_Hoemke
Group Admin

Well hello thread, I haven't seen you in a while.

3303793 In response to this I would say that I didn't like too many things about "Party of One". Watching Pinkie go crazy was awesome but it just felt like a very odd episode to me, I don't really dislike any episode but I've heard "It ain't easy being breezies" was atrocious.

With a new topic would like to ask this: How are all of you feeling about Rainbow Rocks and season five?

I'm uber excited for both but I just hope that Season Five finally gives either Lyra, Vinyl or Octavia a speaking part. Like seriously Hasbro just let Vinyl and Octavia in the same room and you will get insane amounts of simultaneous fangasms but if they talk, the possibilities are endless. :eeyup:

What do ya'll think? :duck:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 59