Daring Do 630 members · 479 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

For quite a long time, I’ve been aware of Daring Do not having the biggest or the best reputation in the MLP fandom. People would constantly call her a petty or dishonest crook even though she’s the complete opposite of that. Heck, just like Indiana Jones, she collects artifacts in order to contribute to museums.

Case in point, though...has anyone besides me ever felt incredibly protective of Daring Do and her overall character? Especially to where you want to just defend her from the neigh-sayers to the bitter end?

People would constantly call her a petty or dishonest crook

To be honest, I don't recall seeing anyone call her that. All I've seen were people let down by how her character evolved in the series, but that's about it.

I honestly see her more as a Laura Croft Tomb Raider to be honest. But that's just me.

While I never actually had to defend her specifically (never even encountered the argument amongst fans), I can comprehend the feeling. And while we may have the need to defend a character like Daring Do, we gotta remember that these are fictional characters and nobody's honor is at stake.

People were mostly mad that the show decided to paint her as such at the end (even if more of an unwitting one).

That’s another very accurate description. Lara Croft also searches for artifacts to contribute to museums.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6