Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Azure_Shadow
Group Admin

Here are some of the ponies I think would be the parallel to Kill la Kill characters

Ryuko= Rainbow Dash
Ryuko's dad= Starswirl the Bearded
Mako= Pinkie Pie
Satsuki= Twilight Sparkle
Gamagoori= Bulk Biceps
Uzu= Thunderlane? Soarin?
Nonon= Octavia
Houka= Trenderhoof
Aikuro=???
Tsumugu= Big Mac
Ragyo= Celestia/Molestia
Nui= Rarity? or possibly Sweetie Bell?
Rei= Harshwhinny? or Cherilee
Mankanshoku family= Pie family
Guts= Gummy
Senketsu= Spike??
Junketsu= Nightmare Moon

That's all I got, anyone have different Ideas? I'd love to hear them!

FlanChan
Group Admin

Celestia confirmed for creepy incestuous mother

Azure_Shadow
Group Admin

3083566 :eeyup: Sure does! Also for dat Pinkie X Bulk Biceps shipping!:pinkiehappy:

I've been toying with the idea of actually writing this. Rainbow as Ryuko, Twilight as Satsuki, Pinkie as Mako all definitely. Celestia as Ragyo the Rainbow Rapist. >_<

Was thinking Spike + CMC as the Elite 4 though, changing that dynamic up a bit.

AJ and Fluttershy as Nudist Beach and Rarity as the sewing club captain whose name I can't remember.

Maybe something to do with Life Fibers and whatever Rainbow Power ends up being, whenever S4 is done.

Of course I'm busy with another project right now, and will be for at least a couple months before I could give it a decent shot.

Azure_Shadow
Group Admin

3084114 I think the 4 I made fit super perfictially! I can see Bulk shouting orders, Octavia being music club and Trenderhoof being info club president. Not sure how CMC and Spike would fit in.

They probably match up better, but when actually writing crossovers there isn't enough canon personality for those characters to really define them in ways separate from their KLK counterparts.

If you're just trying to retell Kill La Kill 1:1 after all, it begs the question of why not just go watch KLK instead, especially since the shows manic energy would be nigh impossible to capture in prose, so a more subdued approach would be necessary to let the story stand on its own merits.

At least, that's the way I like to approach things. When putting a character into a role, the role should change based on who that character is. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of the elite four being Spike+CMC, but I think the end result would be pretty interesting.

Biggest character I can't figure out is Senketsu though. Might just let Senketsu stay Senketsu.

Azure_Shadow
Group Admin

3085864 My buddy thought senketsu would be discord and I thought Junketsu would be Nightmare Moon.

I could picture Discord as Aikuro, (Being intentionally ridiculous and over the top most of the time, annoys the piss out of Ryokou) but Senketsu?

One of Senketsu's biggest personality traits is being a total bro, and Discord does not fit that role. Especially with Rainbow Dash as a companion.

And Junketsu still appears to not have a personality at all, so eh.

Aikuro should be Time Turner, or Doctor Whooves.

Comment posted by Azure_Shadow deleted Mar 28th, 2014
Azure_Shadow
Group Admin

3154279 I can see that!

I actually want Shining Armor as Aikuro

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11