The General's Battlegrounds 275 members · 187 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39
ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Well, it seems that we may even reach 100 members just in this week which is great. More people means more stories, discussions and other nice things.

Anyway, I might as well ask this question...

How do you guys see the future of this group?

I know it's quite early, but what do you think wil happen for this group in the future?

Personally, I hope it becomes a place of great social activity, interesting discussions, debates, and a place of grandiose tales of warfare.

3019704 Well, I'm not too sure about the future of the group, eh. But it may turn into another pro-human group-*which is a good thing*-, because it has warfare and that samurai archer as a banner, eh. :twilightsmile:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Well, it may seem that I'm going pro-human only, but I'm going pro-everything really. While it seems that humans dominate the group, they are from the Takeda clan which is the best cavalry clan in the history of Japan. So technically, this is pro-equine that most may think.

Whatever, here the truth will prevail no matter what. This is mainly just an area for everyone to do it so other groups don't have to deal with it like Humans Aren't Bastards. They had so many threads and wars going on about politics and shit that they had to dedicate an entire permanent thread just to those discussions. This group welcomes that.

3019776 Well, either way I think this group will attract pro-human supporters, eh. But, really we're all here to see some awesome old-timey war fics, eh. :twilightsmile:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Mainly that is the purpose of it. The great thing is that we have enough members now that we'll be on the trending list.

3019798 Well, that's awesome how this is in the trending list, eh. :moustache:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

I've been calculating it and pretty much found to get on the trending list you need 50+ members join the group on one day. We currently have 59 in under 24 hours, so we made the cut quite well.

3019823 And then we'll grow and grow, and then we conquer the other groups and make the their members our slaves! :pinkiecrazy:

3019823 False. You need thirty at least in one week. I've had multiple groups up there, and all had thirty minimum at the time.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Well, we are dedicated to war... I mean, it would be epic if that could happen, but I wouldn't do it. Groups deserve to prosper and have like-minded people be able to join and not conform to the will of others... Except the mods and admins of course.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Well I haven't seen 30+ groups up there. That just makes our rate of growth even better though.

3019866 Well damn, it would be awesome to conquer a TCB or Human hate group... :fluttercry:

3019871 Look at the bottom of the list. Thirty+ in less than a week guarantees you reach it, and you'll be up there until another group overcomes you.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

NO! That's the stuff that can get us banned right there!

Just let this quench your taste for war...

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Wow... I'm fucking lazy then... Still, we've grown quite large in under just one day.

3019885 ..... well, looks like I'm not getting banned today..... :moustache:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Just be careful. I was speciffically warned by one of the mods to keep this in line. I don't want to lose it all in under a week due to one comment... Which can happen.

3019894 Yar. I am quite impressed.

How did you do it?

All of my alts are ready for combat, though... :fluttershysad:

3019927 Meh, I actually just ignore the TCB and humans haters. Unless they bait me into their trap and a flame war goes off, eh. But I mostly kid around about conquering those dudes, eh. :trixieshiftright:

3019938 Well, you gotta get them to drown the enemy in their blood and corpses, eh. EH and the Emperor demands it, eh :trixieshiftright:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

I posted threads in many of the groups that usually have giant flame war and debbates going on in the threads. Next thing I know we've got this many members.

In a sense, I spotted consumers and offered a product for what they wanted.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Flame wars are welcome here though... Just not massively offensive ones.

3019704 What I see for our future?

I SEE HONOUR AND GLORIOUS VICTORIES!!!

(someone put an epic tune, I can't since I'm typing this from my cellphone)

3019963 I've been in a crazy one before, eh. It wasn't a good day.... :twilightoops:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

This better? Got a female naginata samurai and epic music.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Well, here they will stay on one topic at a time and nothing else. I'll ensure that.

Like how do I see what the group will become? Just the usual run-of-the-mill military group. Not trying to deflate anything, but debates, discussions, etc. that you explained already happen in one of the many other groups, though they have eased on activity a bit.

Quick question, did you check to see any of the other groups before making this? There just isn't really anything at all original or specific here, except that the group's theme seems to be based around you and Imperial Japan and Shogun 2 (which can give off the wrong message, btw, as newcomers will think it's limited to that) which in retrospect feels awkward... and a little self-serving.

3019990 Good, because I don't want to get sucked into a hate/flame war again, eh. :fluttercry: Now, I'm going to go through the story folders to find me a good read, eh. :moustache:

I'll get my flamethrower :pinkiecrazy:

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

We're not going to ease up though, we're going to run with it in a decently civil and non-offensive manner... or die trying.

I did check for war groups and only found one that was really only dedicated to war stories and we're already bigger than that one.

Newcomers don't seem to be to deterred at the moment though. Also, samurai aren't imperialistic in their nature. They were a social class in a feudalistic soceity.

Self-serving? Who doesn't make a self-serving group? Its based off of the creator's interests, of course it's going to look self-serving.

Though, you do bring up good points. We may be run of the mill, but we have a flavor that others lack... civility and a leader who is willing to fight for the group's interests no matter what the odds.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

If you really want to... There's not much to burn though.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

The description says it all...

Conspiracy theories? Why not?!
Religion? If you dare to!

If you want to, then just don't get rascist or offensive with it. Keep it civil overall.

That's a lot easier said than done. Other than that, there really isn't some kind of bar in some of those groups, like military, or war, or several of the others; just ones like Battleships or ACES. Most of them you can put whatever war story you like in there.

And you can go ahead and say every group is self-serving, but this is beyond that. Even if all stories are allowed, you're putting dynastic Japan on pretty much every page; you even have Shogun 2 as a group icon, for Christ sake. At first glance, that's what it seems tribute to; every other period is just downplayed.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Say what you want, but I didn't particularly want it like this to be truthful. It just seemed that it would fit the war theme for a while.

Though, I would love some new images to use, but with this stupid site anything that doesn't have exact specified dimesions just doesn't work.

I originally wanted this as the banner

Show's that we enjoy our war horses as well as our human warriors.

Can you find anything better for this group then?

Well, you named it general's battleground. How about a banner that shows famous generals through history. Washington, Napoleon, Lee, Rommel, Patton, Zhukov, etc.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

I would love for something like that. Showing great minds of battle all in harmony with their love of conflict.

Ironic when you think about it...

Though absolutely I would love an image as that for a banner.

3019873 No it wouldn't too many revolts :ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39