Rome Total War army
Parthia:
1 Eastern General
6 Horse Archers
3 Peasants
Scythia:
What ever my friend uses for it.

Rules are early units only.
As in, no spamming a bunch of legions, ROME!
You also have a 15 minute time limit. Do you think you can beat my friend and I within that time with the rules being Early Units only?
If you can, then consider yourself either stupid or very smart, cause we have never been beat with our armies. The enemy either rage quits or gives up completely.
Also, Denarii is 8,000 a team.

4213216 Maybe, Is this Rome 2 or 1?

4213241 Yeah probably then.

4213292 guess how many called my friend and I noobs cause we used those two factions.

4213350 and in the end, he ended up forming "the box".
Part of the idea is to learn that you shouldn't try and spam massive powerful armies, but to manage what you have to become a stronger general.

Horse archers, eh?
No chance of any victory, then.

4213378 you have trouble against them?

They're horse archers.
HORSE.
ARCHERS.
May I mention the Battle of Carrhae?

4213534 I know. They really hurt. I try and fight them. Only way to catch up with them is with light cav., but their support could be waiting for you.

ClassyGeneral
Group Admin

Bow cavalry is pretty fucking OP in Shogun 2 as well.

Especially since they have the Swooping Crane, which is pretty much the Cantabrian Circle formation in Rome 1, except if doesn't even slow them down. They can just keep moving and moving in that formation with no problem and harass the fuck out of an entire army.

Not to mention that you can utilize cavalry to avoid enemy arrows entirely so they can make the enemy waste their arrows and time trying to fight them as the bow cavalry just fucking wastes them with constant arrow fire in Swooping Crane.

So yeah, unless if you have some heavily armored yari samurai, or fuckloads of yari cavalry, bow cavalry will always fuck your shit up.

4213652 FotS Imperial Guard cav. really screwed me up in a online battle. outranged my red bear's.
I just love horse archers for harassing business.

I suppose that's why the Huns were effective, eh?

I can take that on. Playing the subi with early period time I conquered most of germania.

4214815 this is a Rome 1 army, not Rome 2

I wish I could test that out, unfortunately I have no online experience with RTW. Coupled with the fact that my army of choice, the Greek Cities, would probably just be not only whittled down to nothing by the horse archers by the time they run out of arrows, but any hoplites that do stay will be too few in number to be a match for the Cataphractii, or the Warbands of Scythia. The Greek/Macedonian armies probably would probably be the most vulnerable to your set up come to think of it.

So yeah, I would say you and your friend got it in the bag.

4215440 My Eastern General can also be a pain. Not even the Seleucid Empire can win without trouble. Bring in all phalanx pikemen and no horses. Bad idea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19