The General's Battlegrounds 275 members · 187 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

For me, it would be the battle of Osgilliath in Lord of the Rings Total War

What's yours?

Like I said in the other post about great victories, the one where the entirety of the fucking Hun's horde showed up on my capitals doorstep with only 3 units as a garrison. Fuckers ran out of infantry... though if that were to happen again with the modern Rome engine, I'd be fucked considering cavalry can now dismount.

3570596 Under siege as the byzantines against over 5k Egyptians and Turks, with only about 1k leftovers of my army. Heroic victory for me =D

Dropbear
Group Contributor

A battle in Empire where I had a town with one unit of firelock citizens, a general and three units of British colonal line infantry.

The injuns had four units of bowmen, a unit of lancers, four native warrior units and two units of medicine men.

To cut a long story short, I've have never been more thankful for square formation, socket bayonets and the line fire drill.

3581807 They have any spears?

Warbands, mostly, actually. Pincer attacks were key here.

3581816 even warbands are weak.

3570596 Implying the AI in Total War is hard to beat.

3632890 the AI on any difficulty is dumb.

3632901 Yes it is, Now online is a whole new game.

3632909 They shifted servers over to steam.

3632914 there's also the issue that I have no idea who has the mod and I still need to figure out how to shift them over. I have the hard copies of the games.

3632937 You might be ass fucked if you only have hard copies.
I buy all my things on steam.

3633185 I was around when the disc's were made. We didn't have to buy everything online through Steam. Besides, I've won some great victories with Parthia and my friend using Scythia in 2v2 fights. Don't need those spamming Romans to win.

3570596 I have two battles actually. The first one I can remember was in medival two.
My keep had a group of archers and fully trained and armored dismounted knights that I forgot to send with the bulk of an attack I was launching. Suddenly out of nowhere comes a full army that lays seige to my city. So this full army decides to attack with a ram and nothing else. I realize that I would not be able to stop the battering ram before it got to my gates so I had my archers hold fire until the enemy had units piled up outside my gate( I did this to conserve ammo btw) I then took my Knights and placed right inside the gate that the enemy was attacking. I figured I was going to lose the city, but I wanted to make it hurt at least. Well Lo and behold their idiot general gets a pot of oil dumped on his head killing him. at this point my soldiers managed to hold the line and route nearly full sections of units until I won:moustache:

The second time was when I had two things of horse archers and was being chased by four full units of something. I ended up running the horse archers until the enemy was exhausted and I had used up all my ammo at which point I had one horse archer flank while the other one charged in. once again the enemy routed.

3633238 cool. The second one sounds like my friend and I when we used horse archers in our Rome 1 games.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21