Gun Club 760 members · 353 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

So i thought of a concept of human soldiers in the Equestrian army called Lancers And I was thinking I would post a list of their load out. Feel free to add criticism or suggestions.

The C8 rifle
This is their standard issue rifle although they do use the regular M4 and M16.

The Sig Sauer P226. This is their standard issue pistol. The Lancers carry a custom P226 chambered in 9mm and Double Action only.

The FN FAL/L1A1. Once the standard issue of them, they still carry them as DMR rifles.

The FN SCAR H. Used in limited numbers by the Lancer Heavy Rifles.

The Barret M82 AM rifle. Standard anti Material rifle.

Carl Gustav 84mm recoiless rifle. Main AT gun may be replaced by Javelin in the future.

FN MAG. Standard Machine gun.

L16A2. Standard mortar.

The 9/12th Royal Lancers are disappointed.

Now hold up. Both the Gepard and PGM Hecate II have finer MOA.
As irregulars they'd be more likely to use something of Soviet build, SIGs are a little expensive for rank and file military. Much more likely would be the Smith & Wesson Sigma-6 in .40S&W over 9mm given the build of their opponents.
Generally your choices are standard CoDfag fare, and either too low-velocity or small-caliber for a force that essentially big-game hunts as a military exercise.
And the RPG-7 is more versatile than the Carl Gustav, which is rife with issues.

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

5044151 They are mechanized. The Lancer Grenadiers are mechanized.

5044076 ERMAGERD I was on that thread!

Why are they called lancers again?

Also I hope you don't call these their actual names unless you actually have room for Fabrique National and Diemaco over in your Kingdom of Lancier.

5044643 OwO the thought police are here?
Quick hide the imaginary coke!

I think it'd have been cooler if they had muskets or something. I'm kind of tired of humans always being tricked out with all the latest weaponry and such. It gets kind of boring.

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

5044626 Well since Canada isn't in my universe the company is still called Diemaco. Although it is a company based in Acadia which is basically my universe equivalent of Canada.

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

5044599 Well the Lancers are divided into three types.

Light: which is obviously light leg infantry.

Grenadiers: refers to heavy troops mostly specializing in mechanized cavalry.

And they do have Guards which mostly serve as personal bodyguards to Princess Celestia, her relatives, and other important Equestrian politicians.

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

5044805 Well in the past they carried Muskets. Most famously the Charlesville pattern musket. In my fanverse, the Lancers were also the first soldiers in the Equestrian army to be issued rifles.

5044805 you! Hold onto that thought, I need it when I get home... yes that sounds weird but I do need it and imma be home in a few hours, I will explain it then

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

5044262 Uh... all of these weapons are practical weapons used by real life armies around the world. Also they are not irregulars, they are a legitimate military force in the Equestrian army.

Against human targets.
In Equestria they'd be shooting at higher-density creatures that take larger bullets to take.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18