Gun Club 760 members · 353 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
boredhooman
Group Contributor

Physics doesn't work that way. You don't magically change the direction of momentum by having a piece of metal go a certain way. Also, that's not even how the Vector system worked. The idea behind it was to line the barrel up with your hand in an effort to reduce recoil (whether or not that actually works is up for debate). All this gun is doing at this point is creating a fuckhuge magwell and creating a rapidly changing center of balance. Also, where's the charging handle?

Nothing too wrong with this except pretending it's original. It's just a furniture change. To note, though, is the magazine. The 7.62x51mm NATO doesn't require a curve like the 5.45mm round does, not is it that thin.

Literally just a re-furnitured Barret with a high-tech scope. Also, what's the point of the rotating laser pointer? Why not just... put it on the side or top in the first place?

Assuming these guys are in some video game shit and not in the field for half a week at least crawling through terrain like most of SOF is (in which case, all that armor is just going to fuck them in the long run), I guess it's OK. Except for the mask. For night vision, fine, but it would really cut down on visibility.

He probably can't see shit out of that mask like he would need to in a CQC situation. That magazine storage system is the stupidest thing I've seen. Also, it just in general looks bulky and heavy which won't help when he's pushing through rooms. Unless that stuff can stop an entire magazine of rifle ammunition...

>recon marine
>wearing all that combat gear and that fucking face mask
No.

This guy really has a hardon for Marines, doesn't he? Anyway:
>using a .50 for anti-personnel purposes
>trying to sneak through the brush with a .50
>wearing a tactical vest as a sniper
>bringing extra magazines for the sniper rifle when on an anti-personnel mission
>that fucking face mask as a fucking sniper
I suppose if it's at "extreme ranges" a .50 is the only possible weapon, but, well, good luck dragging that thing on your belly for miles on end at a snail's pace. Also the 7.62 NATO is already able to hit targets at over a kilometer anyway.

3058141 well... That was nice.

Anyway, it looks cool if it were a videogame.

TheCrazyMan
Group Contributor

Honestly, the only series which gets near-future combat right is Black Powder, Red Earth, and that's because nothing's changed.

I do have the desire to make an actually realistic science fiction military, but once again, laziness is my eternal foe.

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

3058141 Not to mention, the US military has no planes on replacing the M4 carbine by the 2020s. Even in my pony cyberpunk story which takes place in the 2030's the United States still uses the M4 although it is just a slightly modified variant.

Wolf-Baron
Group Contributor

3058141 Yeah how come there is no love for the 7.62 NATO? The .50 BMG rifle is strictly an anti-material or extremely long distance sniping. Even so, the 7.62 is still pretty powerful in its own right and is more than capable of piercing lightly armored targets. This artist obviously doesn't know anything about weapons ballistics.

Also, as for the rifle, if the US were to adopt an HK weapon as their main weapon, they would not use the "G" name. that is only a German naming system. We use the "M" naming system.

Well, the Kriss V uses that system because it "supposed" to do something along the line of what the artist intended. TDI has been looking into making 7.62N battle rifles, so it's not that too far off, even if his exact understanding is somewhat flawed.

As to the other American weapons, I don't see much of a problem with having fancied up Barretts, just look at the other weapons we've kept in out inventory for way too fucking long, such as any part of the AR-15 family.

boredhooman
Group Contributor

[ignoring the b8]
It's not that the Barret is outdated, it's just that it's not used for anti-personnel roles (except, like, over a mile), nor is it carried by ghillied up snipers. The artist also didn't actually create anything except similar furniture and a smart scope.

Aye, something along the line of the M98(not the Bravo) in .338 would be more reasonable.
However, reasonability doesn't much matter when we're talking about shooting bitches with 12.7.

As to the "b8", I really don't see what the problem is besides the weight, overcomplexity, short barrel length and lack of a decent muzzle break.

boredhooman
Group Contributor

However, reasonability doesn't much matter when we're talking about shooting bitches with 12.7.

True

kalash93
Group Contributor

That AK-SAW thing. :pinkiesick::applecry:

boredhooman
Group Contributor

He couldn't even just re-furniture an RPK
:(

3058141 This. I'll try to translate this into what I can, and see if I can show how this would work for the actual US marines, as I have an extensive knowledge on their military organization and weaponry.

:rainbowlaugh: This may work for the army and the Marine HRs and Senior Navy NCOs, IF THEY DID PLAN ON REPLACING THE M4 IN THE 2020S! Also, the person needs to add a bloody charge pull, unless the chamber one above the mag is it.

:rainbowlaugh: OH! that slaps me on the knee! Unless that's for the Russians, and gave them the AK-47 rounds. It will make sense. THE US USE AK-47S FOR TRAINING! And the Russians just developed the AK-12 for the speznaz, and by this time in the picture, it would be the early 2020s, so they would probly have it as a main issue weapon by then, and NOT be looking for replacements, so this is straight to the trash bin.

The sniper works, if they make it a variant of the current Barret, improving it's internals. The 9mm SMG is actually the most likely one to actually be issed, seems good enough to be used by Marine Scout-Snipers. The flip up laser sight seems like a little useful, but only a smig. It helps in that, if you need more vision when not looking through the scope or checking it, flip it to the side, looking through the scope and don't need adjustments and need to locate HVT for a recon mission, flip it back up.

One, this just seems like a higher tech version of what normal marines use. I find the helmet, good, teched up, but still normal, the NVGs are handy though, just need to flip them up to get a better FOV, then flip them down for night-ops.

Works for different roles, with modifications. The Fireteam Leaders would work with this version, as they serve as the grenadiers of the fireteam, just replace the grenade hardpoints with armor and the Automatic Rifleman role would work for that variant. but CQC armor... Let me think about that. NO!:flutterrage:
Also, the mag storage is kind of like the NVGs, nifty, but not really practical.

Works, just smaller NVGs, more then just the MK 11 are used by recon marines though, and a little less gear and that's all for this.

Like the last one, sorta works, just the 50 cal would be replaced by the M40,unless needed for Anti-Material, and again, smaller NVGs.

I believed I just cleared up the stuff from this. Any more you want to throw at me?

Thread necromancy, I know, but for all those curious, the artist of all of these is Alex Jessup. The man is actually a good artist if you ignore how he uses artistic license to make things look cooler/intimidating/tacticool.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15