Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I wasn't getting the response I'd expected from a story I wrote, so I asked for a review on Rage Reviews. The reviewer suggested some significant revisions, some of which made sense, some of which I thought were very strange but could be justified and I just wasn't seeing it, some of which directly contradicted things other people said they liked about the story, and some which just seemed to be based on not actually having understood the words I wrote. He also seems to have abandoned the review even though he said he was going to do at least one more chapter.

So, while in no way do I want to discount his advice out of hand, I'd like to see what someone else thinks. I am planning major revisions to what is currently published, but mostly those changes are to fix contradictions that would come from information in the second half- before that, I'd like to get some additional input on other changes I may want to make since this would be the logical time to make those changes.

Here is the story in question.

Here is the previous review, although I would prefer if anyone seriously considering taking me up on my request did not read it before they'd reviewed the story itself, to avoid being prejudiced either for or against the original author's points.

SpitFlame
Group Admin

You get your story reviewed here by placing it in one of the submission folders. Your best bet would be to place it in my folder since I'm the only one who's even remotely active anymore, but there's a fairly long queue of other stories you'd be waiting behind, and I post reviews very infrequently. You'd be on hold anywhere from months to over a year to get any sort of feedback from me. Sorry.

I'm gonna assume you don't want to wait that long, in which case I'll propose an alternative. Go request a review from PaulAsaran. He's very promising and always reads everything. I'm not sure if he accepts stories on hiatuses, but it's worth a shot.

If not then you can place it in my folder, but like I said you'd likely be waiting a long time.

Thanks for the pointer; it's been difficult finding a good-quality review group around here that's not been dead for over a year.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3