Amateur Artists Unite! 417 members · 81 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

https://derpibooru.org/343716

Welcome to the "Amateur Artists Unite!" Group!

This group is intended to be a community for artists to hang out in and talk about all things related to art. You don't actually have to be an amateur to be in here, or even an artist, necessarily, as long as you want to talk about it. I'd like to highly encourage posting tutorials, giving constructive feedback, and helping other artists out!

Any group does have to have its rules, though, and this is no exception. These rules override any previous versions, and I may have removed some previous ones I didn't feel were necessary. I may also revise these based on feedback.

1. This group is about art, and new threads should somehow be related to art.

This isn't a general discussion group, or one for posting memes or things along that nature. I'd like to encourage discussion here, but it should at least start out centered around art, even if it drifts off topic along the way. Promotion is fine here, too, as long as it's art related.

This covers any art, incidentally. It doesn't have to be pony-related!

2. This group is not for posting requests.

Anything of that nature should really go over to Art for Fanfiction, or someplace similar. Things like threads where an artist is taking requests are allowed, or games where everyone draws based on a theme, contests, and so on. It's pretty much at admin discretion on if it's a request, but what we're really targeting is asking for a cover art for your fanfiction, or asking for an avatar to be drawn for you, that sort of thing.

3. This is not a NSFW group, and any art/posts should not be NSFW!

This should be straightforward enough. Any art you post has to be allowable by site rules, so no NSFW art! Otherwise, it's pretty much anything goes, and doesn't even have to be pony-related. Make sure to specify who drew it if it wasn't yours and/or link back to a source that names the artist if you have one.

4. Don't troll, spam, flamewar, behave badly, or generally make a nuisance of yourself.

You all should really know how to behave on forums by now. If you go around bullying people, insulting them, starting flamewars, and generally causing issues, we may delete your posts, lock threads, or even ban you. I don't like banning people, and I'll generally give multiple chances and generally understand that mistakes are made, but don't push things too far.

5.Post in appropriate places!

This won't be strictly enforced, but there are some useful stickied threads, and I'd like them to be used! So, if you are posting a tutorial, also reply to me on the Master Tutorial List with a link to it and a description, so it can be added in the list. And if you have an art group, you can add it to the Art Group list. Once the new Art Program thread is up, you can add programs to the list there, too. For now, just mention it on the old thread.

6. We are on fimfiction, so fimfiction rules apply.

Goes without saying, really, but I may as well say it. Main specific one I'll bring up, besides nsfw art, is that you can't link directly to mature rated fanfiction. Embedding it is allowed, though.

Not sure if I missed anything, but it can always be added later!

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1