Amateur Artists Unite! 417 members · 81 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

https://derpibooru.org/1740999

Alright, so this is how this is going to work. Instead of stickying tutorials in the future, I'm going to link them all in this thread and sticky this one. I'll try to add them here as I see them posted, but it'd really help if when you post a tutorial, you also reply to me on this thread and link to it.

I'll probably be going through and cleaning up and reposting some of the older tutorials that are linked here, too, (some of them have broken images) so don't be surprised if the ones linked change!

The Master List of Tutorials

Basic Pony Tutorials

This one was posted by PonySlayer and has, well, two how to draw a pony pictures in it and another picture or two in the comments. I'll probably fold it in with the next one, to make more of a general drawing ponies thread.

Pony Face and Anatomy Tutorials (Not Mine)

This has one picture of heads in different positions and one of bodies, and was posted by -Serpent-. Useful, but, as I said, probably could be merged with the first one.

General Art Tutorials for Ponies and Beyond!

This thread by Yildun has quite a number of varied tutorial images. Unfortunately, half the images are broken. It has notes on expression and character design and shading, though, and things on human proportions, and drawing hands and feet and such. Useful!

Extensive Amount of Pony Art Tutorial: I forget what I was originally looking for

This thread is also by Yildun, and looks pretty useful. Note on pony proportions, basic ponies from various angles, drawing hooves and wings, plenty on pony legs, lots of horses running, how to draw Rarity's mane and tail, and all sorts of things, really.

Coloring A Rough Sketch in Clip Studio Paint

This tutorial was actually written by me and talks about ways to color sketches. Primarily in Clip Studio Paint, but there are ways to do most of it in other art programs, and the ideas would be the same. This is mostly talking about coloring using the existing line art, where if it's a sketch, you'll probably want to re-ink it, but you can always redraw the line art on layers above the sketch before doing this.

(I'd probably do redo the line art in vector layers in Clip Studio Paint if you want a show look, using the Continuous Curve tool with it set to Quadratic Bezier, setting a nice line thickness, and using separate layers for different parts of the drawing, or bits that have to go over or under other bits, and just adjust the curves after laying them down until they look good. Elaborating on this would be another tutorial, though...)

--Sweetie Belle

Hey !
Could you post it here as well ?
Bad Art

Or should I be the one to post it on that group ?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, you know, the thing about cross-posting this thread is that it's intended to be a thread that I edit every time everyone has new tutorials to add. I'm already probably going to post a new tutorial thread with all the tutorials from the first two links in it, and link to that instead if the first two.

If there were two copies of the thread, then I'd have to update both every time I updated one. Linking to it'd be fine, but I'd rather not double my work...

--Sweetie Belle

Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

Looking very good! This should be an invaluable source for anybody!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks!

It's pretty much consolidating what was already there, but having the links all in one place with descriptions of what you'll find there makes things more accessable.

The tutorial of mine I linked to was already there, too. I crossposted it in three groups, basically. Actually drawing things is a weak point for me, but coloring is something I'm better at, along with tracing and vectoring things, so the tutorial's me writing about the bits I'm better at.

Other things I'll probably be doing, offhand, are writing a rules thread, actually working on that art program thread, and advertising the group. And probably sorting out the banner. The art program list will probably be the trickiest of them, since I'm probably totally rewriting it. I've done so many rules threads that another's easy enough...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I went and did an initial revision of the front page. All the art that was on it is now gone, and it now advocates asking questions about art in the group instead of PMing admins, because I think that's generally a better idea. Not sure how much the rules I write up will have in common with the one linked, either, as I want to encourage new threads rather more.

The arsist suggested for commissions on the front page was a dead link, too. :unsuresweetie:

The new front page does seem a little short, tho'. (And yes, I have a copy of the old one stashed away...)

(Oops, not the thread I meant to post this in. Oh well.)
--Sweetie Belle

Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

Well I salute you for all of your hard work, as I am sure all members new and old will, too. You're realizing this ol' girl's full potential better than we could. Keep it up!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8