Fanfiction Audio Readings 334 members · 807 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I'm thinking of taking up audio on my laptop. Windows Voice Recorder's no good. Can anyone recommend a decent and fairly inexpensive microphone for the job?

Blue company tends to specialize in relatively affordable yet still decent microphones. General consensus is that, unless you're buying secondhand, you won't find a good microphone for less than $20. I personally use a Samson C03u studio condenser microphone. I believe I bought it for around $90, but I don't know what they go for now.

Hm well I use a Blue Yeti microphone. It comes with a cord that has a USB to connect to your computer

Okay, I'll look into it. Thanks guys. :twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

You're quite welcome! :twilightsmile:

I have a Samson meteor also get audacity

I'm going to second the audacity setup, especially since you're on a Windows build. It's free (last time I looked) and easy. I used way back when first started doing videos a decent Shure mic knock off that I got from Radio Shack for $25 that had an XLR to 1/4" cable. Had nice quality. Don't know much about USB mics unfortunately.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7