The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Some of you just joined! I bid you welcome. Others have been here from the beginning, and have seen us grow.

So this thread is for Suggestions as we prepare a new Rubric. I like simple, but does simple help you out any dear Authors?

So, place your suggestions bellow. State your opinion. I may not respond, you words will be seen and considered.

Writers: Suggest anything you feel needs to addressed, we are here for you after all.

Commentators: Feel free to suggest anything you want to see changed, and otherwise not changed. I need your input as much as the writers. I also don't want to overwork you guys, and your support and help is just fantastic.

Admins: Please read through each suggestion made, and think on it. I plan to have a meeting tomorrow to get this done, however.... Might not happen, so PM me please.

This thread will be pinned until after the new review Rubric is complete.

↓↓Suggestions Open↓↓

wider variety of default ratings (at least something in between "I enjoyed it" and "You must read this.", perhaps a "I shall recommend this")

2731940 can stories that were reviewed before the fist outline for review was made be re-reviewed? one of my stories was done a while back but it felt very incomprehensive compared to ones done later

2731940 A place where commentators can claim stories to review. I don't want to accidentally write a review for a story at the same time somebody else is. A thread where commentators can just say "I'm starting to write a review or [insert story here]" would be perfect. Anything to avoid confusion, really.

Rinnaul
Group Admin

I've just been commenting on the fic itself and saying something like "Just started reading this. Expect a review from PCRG soon."

We could use a process to request re-reviews, for fics that were done on an old rubric or that have been updated with the reviewer's advice in mind.

2731940 Are all subjects getting getting equal treatment? It seems as if Comedy isn't getting as many reviews (I might be just projecting, as I have a story waiting in the Comedy cue).

Tidal
Group Admin

2732792 This is something I believe we as admins are gonna discuss, if you have further concerns I suggest sending Mr. Flare a PM!

2732064 I PM my co-reviewer Narwhal so that way we don't do the same story, we keep in touch pretty often.... But that is a pretty cool idea! :pinkiehappy:

Tidal
Group Admin

2731940 Hey Cromegas, We should put some type of review counter on the front page! We currently have 72 total stories reviewed. I could keep track of it if you want, but I think it'll help those who look at our page so they know the progress we have made! whatcha think?:pinkiehappy:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Lets talk about this over skype, I like it.... I just have some concerns about it.

Tidal
Group Admin

2782647 no problem! I'll get on Skype as soon as I can

There isn't a lot of review for Comedy fics.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I have another commentator coming in to help out with that :pinkiesmile:

I do not know if there's a limit in the folders you can have, but I would suggest a few things to rearrange the folders, and try to speed up the reviews. Please don't take it to the bad :twilightblush:

I would suggest you to have a "To be reviewed" folder in each category, and get a few people (First you should get them) to manage what stories are to be reviewed.

Why? I saw, for example, in the Adventure Submitted folder, some stories of the same author. The task of the "filter" group, if you want to call it like that, is to move one of them to the "to be reviewed", and keep the other one until the first one is reviewed. Plus, you could put a rule of how many long stories and how many short stories have to be in the "to be reviewed" folder, relieving the commenters' task to just review the next story in the list, and avoiding getting "stuck" with many long stories.

Disadvantages? You should get the group, and check that they do as they must. I don't know if you have a log, but there could be opportunists that would want to push their stories or their friends' one to the top of the line. And I don't know how the queue works when moving a story between folders.

Well, I'll say I really like the work you do here, but I also see the problems you have. I can't do reviews (I either like stories or I don't. I can't express exactly why), so this is my way to try to help you :pinkiehappy:

Knowing we all want our stories reviewed, I think the priority is to keep the reviewers happy and with as much few work as we can :pinkiecrazy:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I like this Idea, and will heavily consider it.

Thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14