The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,288 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Welcome all you beautiful people you! Welcome to this wonderful group that is dedicated to writing reviews and Commentating awesomeness to each story that is submitted. However I need your help, I need people willing to be in charge of a folder, as such I will put you down as a Contributer, and once you read and file a review... depending things might change.

Now with that said, if you are interested in writing reviews and commentaries, please PM me with the type of stories you want to be in charge of. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Once things are cleared up, I'll start to work on reviewing a story.

I will also be doing something to the folder system to help keep track of what has been read vs. what has not!

So I also need people willing to help me out with a banner and group Icon.

Also, if there are things you wish to see in this group that other groups don't have, leave me a suggestion, I read all that is replied to, or at least do my best to.

Thanks Mr. Flare

What sort of reviews are done in this group?

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2589793 Well, you've already got me taking the Romance folder, so there's that. I'll also see what I can do about the banner/icon.

I might be up for Slice of Life :rainbowkiss: I have to review every story correct?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

That is up to the Reviewer, for me it will be a Commentary as I read through the fic, then my honest thoughts when I am done.

Other reviewers might have a different Idea of how to do things, however once I get things lined up and organized I'll give a more detailed answer:twilightsmile:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Ones you are willing, contact me if you come across a story you don't want to read.

2589859 So is this like a reciprocating group? Like if you review something the other person is obligated to review something of yours?:twilightblush:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Nope, unless you ask them personally. There is no way for me to enforce a rule like that.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

2589889 Above comment

2589918 Oh cool, no worries! Tell me if you need any other folders done too

Hmm. This group looks like it might have the potential to be inundated with a massive amount of fics very quickly. How are we going to do flow-control? Just as soon as the contributors can get to them?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Yes, I have a plan to help with that. Because there are already lots of stories in "q" however I myself plan on doing at least one story a day. (Exceptions are on busy days)

2589793 Wait, we can take folders?

That's the thing. I can do a 5000-10000 word story in one day if I don't have a lot to do, but some stories are easily upwards of 50000 and that can go on all week. I don't like just reading a couple of chapters and firing off an opinion unless I absolutely have to. :/

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

As in a Contributor will be in charge of a designated folder. Like how I am in charge of the Dark folder, and Froggie is in charge of the Romance folder. I plan on having two people on each folder, but I need volunteers.

2590014 May I take the random folder?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I have a plan for how the long stories should be done. I enjoy reading a long story, but it is difficult.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Yes, you may.

2590031 Good. :moustache: If I add something, will it be reviewed?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

There will be another person assigned to the folder as well, you wont be alone.

Hmm. I'm already a member of two review groups and applying to a third. I may yet join as a contributor, but I'll want to scope out my workload before I do.

2590046 All right, sounds good. But what I asked, was (since this is a group for reviewing)
If I add one of my stories to a folder, it will be reviewed? Or do you have to ask?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

It will be reviewed, when is another question... But if you want me to review something, I'll get to it as soon as I can. So yes, it will be reviewed.

2590075 Well, hope you don't review what I add to my own folder seriously, or else you will end up with brain damage! :rainbowlaugh:
Other folders are another matter.
But, anyways, sounds good! :rainbowkiss:

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2589793 BTW, is there going to be a clop folder? because, I'm in romance, and while I have no personal bias against clop, I just don't want to have another Mistress-Do-Well breakdown... I propose a separate clop folder, and I just might know the person to review it.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

yes I'll get on that right now.
And I have an Idea of who you have in mind, so I'll let you ask him (Its Regider isn't it?)

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

GAHHHH I was so sure, that guy will read anything.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2590202 God, I just got chills even THINKING about that fic...
never again.

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2590110 By any chance would the proposed reviewer be The Abyss?

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2589793 I do have some ideas I could propose.
As far as folders, and keeping track of what has and has not been done, maybe two mane folders, one marked submissions, and one marked reviewed, with both having all the categories currently listed. That way, when a story is finished, it can be moved to the reviewed side.

And how shall we do the reviews? I am assuming each story reviewed would have it's own thread?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Yes, I am almost done with my first review. It will be a small example.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2589793 When I said a separate folder for clop, I didn't mean sub-folder. Like, an actual folder. Want me to make it?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Yes, folder organization is the bane of my existence. I'll fix this mess though, then I'll let you organize it.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2591039 Hold on, let me list the fics in the folder now

2589793 I read the commentary of The Telltale Talker, and I'll be honest with you, the format really confused me. I could see you were making comments on specific sentences, but the order you did it in, and the manner it was written, was very difficult for me to understand.

Regarding your request for reviewers/commentators, I might be interested, but would it be OK to just review a story, rather than write out a commentary? I don't think I would be good at making commentaries.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

It is ok, and yes.... my commentary is meant to be confusing... I am like that though, that is why I have the review at the end.

I will work on refining my commentary skills, I can only improve, so thanks for the input.

What folder would you like, take a look at the home page of the group to see what is needed.

I could do {Comedy} or {Adventure}. I see you already have someone on {Adventure}, but if you need another person, let me know, because that's my favorite genre here.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

What one do you want most? I am trying to put some one on at least all of the folders first, but if you really want Adventure, I can team you up with Biker Dash. Who happens to be one of the coolest guys around.

2591518 I would want {Adventure} the most. But like I said I'm willing to do {Comedy} if you need it more, whatever works for you.

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2589793 Question, how does doing video reviews of fics sound?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I say go for it, try it out..... In all honesty I don't know how it will work here, but I see no reason to not try.
(I won't be doing video reviews, I know a few people who want to and I told them to go for it and see how it goes)

...wow, that was redundant on my part....

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2611275 Well, it would be an admendum to the written review.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Good point, I don't think its a great Idea to make it the only thing.
OK, let it be written in stone!

If there is going to be a video review, it has to be accompanied by a written review as well. Though the written review does not have to be as detailed like the other reviews, it should still have a review feel to it.

(I am also writing out a review rubric thread at the moment.)

I wouldn't mind helping out with a folder. Slice of Life would be great.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

OK, send me a PM with how what one of your reviews would look like. Does not have to be to complicated, just enough to show me you know how to do things:twilightsmile:

Send it to you tomorrow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51