The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Soaring
Group Admin

So, my account was accidentally deleted, and I found that the reviews I did for this group in 2018 were completely zapped as well. That's a lot of history that just got completely wiped yesterday. Wanted to let you all know that I do have a backup of every single review I have done for this group up until I stopped reviewing. If you see your fic in here, you might remember me! :)

Between Bassdrops and Bowstrings
Discord is Replaced by a Recorder
Duelists of the Autumn Crown
Every Day is Sun-Day
Hidden Hands
In the Silence of the Night
Nightmare and Dragon
Shift

Those are the ones I have on file. Thanks for having me aboard back then! I really hope the group comes back someday, but only time will tell. ;)

>not seeing All That Lingers

It was very considerate of you to link these. It's too bad comments aren't preserved in any way when account deletion happens.

Soaring
Group Admin

The sad thing is the doc I had was gone for that one. I was working on that and Songbird when shit went down and I had to dip out of the reviewing scene. Kinda pissed. I think it was because I was prepping to give those very high ratings in the group, but I needed approval for them to get the ratings they deserved. ;)

Oh darn, I'm sorry to hear that. I checked the story's page and it looks like when I replied to your comment, I quoted most of it. I'm not sure if the part about the exact rating you planned for was in there, though.

Soaring
Group Admin

Oh wait a second, I just found two paragraphs of the actual review. Why the fuck was it under a different folder than the rest?!

Ice Star’s All That Lingers is a story that brings the topic of word count into the limelight. I wonder if many people who saw this story figured that the word count would be a dampener to the overall attraction of the story itself. In fact, if you plugged this discussion into any of the numerous groups on the site, I bet you would get a variety of answers, and I hope Ice Star’s story would be on the forefront of that thread.

The writing is simply astonishing. From the get-go, the narrative paints a concise yet detailed stroke of the scene, giving us just enough to bite on, yet not enough to think of it as a detriment. It’s almost like each sentence had been smithed individually, with ample amounts of time spent just tweaking them slightly in order for the sound to just roll right off the reader’s tongue. It shows the difference between Sombra and Cadance, one that, if you read the story, is a relationship worth exploring.

It looks like I was just about to get into the flaws of it (minor tidbits), but I hope that gives you some closure. ;)

This looks absolutely spectacular! Thank you so much for going out of the way to look for it!

Oh damn that must feel terrible, will you repost them?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7