The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Mocha Star
Group Contributor

Rainbow Dash is not a cheater. She's worked hard in life to get to where she is now, and she never, ever took the easy way out.

Why does it hurt so much?

Tags: Sex, Romance, Drama, Sad

Starring: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy

First Impressions

I’m not really one for Rainbow and Shy shipping, but it seems like they’ve hit it off and Rainbow has to admit she’s cheated to get where she is or on Fluttershy… Kinda vague and I like that.

Source

Spoilers Below

[page_break]

Plot synopsis

So, it’s a shipping story where RD is a WB and hooks up with SF, then confesses to SF.
Yeah, that’s a lotta abbreviations, but all the characters have really long names! Let me have this one?!

So, while it sounds really simple, there’s a lot going on here. Including the issue of Rainbow drinking in excess, remembering a promise to Fluttershy just as she starts making out with Spitfire, then waking the next morning mortified at her lack of self control.

I’ve noticed that a lot of great stories involving Rainbow Dash are centered about her poor self control, in my opinion.

Fluttershy doesn’t react like I’d have expected and then the rest of the story is Rainbow being served, and serving, humble pie in such a way that I got the fuzzies.

She maintains her brash attitude while getting sappy and soft in just the right way to keep her in character.

I didn’t come across any grammatical mistakes, so there’s a huge plus in such a simplistic story, the narration and emotions were conveyed very well, and I felt it flowed at a great pace.

Impression

Conclusion:

Recommended

Reviewer’s note:
I really like this and I don’t really find this shipping great, but it works really well in this one.

Don't forget to vote and comment on the stories you read; writers appreciate it more than you know! :ajsmug:

Why did this suddenly change from a "Must Read" to "Recommended"?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3