Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

3692036 I'm all for it! Might need a few more scenes on the first day though. And jokes about my OC being a spy. Maybe Pinkie is kept away from the action by spying on Fizzy? FOREVER! :pinkiecrazy::twilightoops:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I too support its canonization. It could definitely use some beefing up wordcount-wise, but that's not a strike against its canon prospects.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

On a personal level, I'm still opposed to the idea of canonizing the various Lunaverse OCs. It seems inherently self-indulgent, more like an extended in-joke rather than a story that stands on its own merits. Nothing's really happened yet other than all the OCs showed up and said hi to the reader, and the only thing I can see happening is a big list of pranks. I'm not sure that's enough for a full episode.

I'm also concerned about there being some internationally-famous art thief hiding in the neighboring town. That seems like a big worldbuilding thing that hasn't really been justified as being necessary for the story.

So I would have to vote no, personally.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Agreed. Pacing is rather lack luster, but that's just a narrative weakness and so shouldn't really count as a canonicity strike. So I guess my vote would at present be a tentative YES, though I do have at least one notable concern I'll mention further bellow.

It seems inherently self-indulgent, more like an extended in-joke rather than a story that stands on its own merits.

Nothing wrong with a little light hearted self-indulgence. And so far as overly extended "in-jokes" go, this one at least flows more organically than the forced relationship between Cheerillee and Notary.

I'm also concerned about there being some internationally-famous art thief hiding in the neighboring town.

Forgerist, not thief... but otherwise I actually agree. The whole backstory just feels too big for one of the Hoofington cast. While getting their Day In The Limelight here, these should really by and large all be otherwise disposable background ponies that we never have to hear from again. Hinting at an unusual past is one thing and just makes her all the more so a fitting rival for Cheerille, but I don't think we need such overly specific details.

Skitch is apparently a character in GreyGuard's other writings, but if people are really interested in learning more about her, that's what they should be reading, while her presence in the Lunaverse should remain more so of the cameo variety.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

3695428 3693367 3695428
So that would be three in favor and one against; even if IAH showed up that would still get it canonized. I'll let GreyGuard know the good news, but also link him this thread so that he knows about your concerns about Skitch.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

...I was gonna vote yay.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7