The Gem Hunters 263 members · 195 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Admin

I'm so sorry for letting this group die. As I said in an earlier post, I tend to have a very poor amount of motivation and an overall lethargic personality, and right now I have a busy schedule and family issues which isn't helping. But I do still have an interest in running this group, and reviving it.

So, fairly soon I'll start working on the revival of this group. I'd ask for just a little more patience if that's alright.

Until then, why not post thoughts and ideas for reviving this group here?

I can't offer services myself since I already have enough responsibilities to juggle, but one thing that might help revive it and lighten your load as well is opening admin applications and bringing some more admins into the group. Just brainstorming, but that could definitely revive interest.

Wow, I actually forgot that this group was a thing.

Wow, I forgot all about this group after I made the R.I.P. Gem Hunters thing. Heh. Honestly, I'm impressed you decided to do something with this group after letting it die. I'm happy to see it coming back, even though I didn't expect it.

As far as ideas go, I think the new plan should be the old plan. The system the group had running was great, the only problem was a lack of motivation from reviewers. At least, that's what it looked like while watching it fall apart. Just use the old system of reviewing with some new reviewers. Maybe keep the judgements short and simple so more of them can be done instead of giving pages of reasons why a story got a certain rank.

Maybe in the meantime, you could ask if anyone still in the group has an interest in helping you rebuild this. If your schedule is too busy, you don't feel motivated, and you've got issues going on, you may as well get help from some other people who may be feeling motivation to help out. I know I'd be able to lend a hand, and I'm sure there are many others willing to do so as well.

It seems like lots of people posted ideas in the "Can we revive this group?" thread Dragonbourn Fox made. Maybe start sifting through those and see what the admins do and do not want to use?

Personally I think the first place to start would be weeding out inactive admins and reviewers for this group, unless that's already been done, and setting up admin and reviewer applications. Maybe you could have tryouts of sorts to make sure applying reviewers are worth their salt? Like have a story passage and have them give a short review on it. It worked for Rage Reviews. :applejackunsure:

4663644 Incoming folder is locked. That's usually a tell sign of a dead group. If this group would become alive, the folder should stop being locked.

4669388 I would imagine that at least some of the stories in the folder already should be given scores before we unlock the folder. The backlog is insane enough already. That's just my opinion though.

4676886 I guess you could call this group undead until then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8