The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Welcome!
Submissions start now (today) and last until the last day of the month (Feb 28 in this case)
Voting for the next contest will begin tomorrow and last exactly 21 days (3 weeks) thus giving everyone enough time to vote.
The stories MUST be rated Teen or Lower mainly because I want to take things slow and easy and also it's just my policy right now.
Anyhow, good luck, and I (and other admins) will judge based upon these conditions.

Oh, and it's on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, 1 being the worst just to make things easy.

Grammar: Please make sure that your story has it properly.

Content

Theme(s)/Idea(s): If there is a theme of the month (and there is, Redemption) then points shall be added for how well it is used and taken away if not included at all.

Character(s): If there were a required character (but there isn't this month) then points would be taken away if not used.

Genre: This month it is Drama with OPTIONAL Adventure and/or Comedy (2nd and 3rd place winners). Points will be taken away if not used.

Rating: Make sure that other people know about your story, and yes, you can tell them to upvote if you want and also to come here.

Word Count, Views, Comments, and/or Author Notes will not affect the decision process of who wins.

Rating will also not affect it either. However if your story is viewed better by the public then yes, your chances are better.

However needless to say points will be taken off if any element is not used or is missing instead.

Also, no story will receive more than 50 points and no less than 0.

Oh, and one more thing.

THE STORY MUST HAVE NEVER BEEN SUBMITTED TO THIS SITE BEFORE.

ONLY NEW AND ORIGINAL IDEAS/ STORIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

If you wish to submit a mature or past previous version of a story or have any problems or questions, please PM us or leave a comment down below.

Also, incomplete, cancelled, or Hiatus stories make it hard to judge, so please, ONLY complete stories. Ask first for an Incomplete story.

Anyhow, that's all for now, good luck, please submit through the folder and/or PMing us and peace out.

5773011 As with all the contests on this site, I'll promote this one on my user page in hopes to get you more contenders. Good luck!

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin
Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Yeah, not hard to win a competition when you're the only one who entered.

Might want to look at how you run these competitions and think of how you could improve them.

SPark
Group Admin

5844562 I think mostly what they need is publicity outside the group. 208 members (most of them probably not active on the site) is a very small pool to pull entrants from. Bad Dragon promoting them is a step, but just one person putting them on their user page isn't really getting a lot of views.

That would be a start.

Also the fact that they mentioned the competition four five weeks ago, then just disappeared completely until they decided to announce the winner. I've honestly noticed no difference in activity in this group between when it was "dead" and now, when it's supposedly revitalised.

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Well I decided to rekill it... again.

SPark
Group Admin

5844999 Oh geez. Seriously, people suggest ways to make it better, and that makes you throw up your hands and quit?

You could at least hand it off to somebody else or something.

Seems a shame, too. A group dedicated to monthly contests similar to NaPoWriMo should have a lot of potential. :fluttershysad: Give it some needed extra promotion and regular, frequent activity, and we'd have a series of community writing challenges with generous deadlines. :ajsleepy:

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

It's not that...

SPark
Group Admin

5845283 You mean you're not giving up on running the group? Or you mean it's not because of the suggestions here?

Either way, this is a very useful group, I know a lot of folks love contests, and I'd like to see this place kept alive. I'd be more than willing to take it over if you no longer want it.

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Well if you want to work with me to keep it alive then I'd be more tan happy to make you an admin.

SPark
Group Admin

5845518 Sure! We can swap off running contests, or something like that. (I'd like that, since it means I could still enter some of them as a writer.) Maybe, since it's already the 10th, skip a March contest and get things organized, and start doing monthly ones in April?

Oh geez. Seriously, people suggest ways to make it better, and that makes you throw up your hands and quit?

No. He realised running the group would involve work, and gave up. I'd be willing to bet money on that.

This also explains why he's willing to keep the group alive if you're the one doing the work for him.

I may just be a cynical dick, but if the shoe fits...

SPark
Group Admin

5845696 Well, I'm not fussed, and it looks like we'll be alternating running contests at least for a little bit, which works nicely for me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19