MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Honestly, what in your opinion is the worst thing about MLP Generation 5?

I don't hate this about it since it is a brand-new generation, but I do miss Gen 4, and the potential plot points that I wish were addressed in both animated or comic media; from questions like "did Celestia and Luna have parents," or "How old do changelings live," but oh, well.

I still don't care about G5 and I will never care for it. Only way for me to get invested in it is cut all the G4 ties and make it a Kung Pow-like of comedy.

that it exists.

Humanity
Group Admin

Being a direct sequel to G4. Would’ve been better off starting fresh and doing it’s own thing.

D48
D48 #6 · Aug 2nd, 2022 · · ·

I'm also completely apathetic to the point that I can't even name the main characters. It was obvious it was going to be a mess because of the idiots running things since Faust got the boot, and making it a sequel to G4 was a terrible idea.

From what I've seen of the movie, G5 is bland, and I could care less about it. I agree with Humanity, G5 should have started fresh. Seriously, the only interesting things about this series mostly come from the content related to G4. The show's stuck in G4's shadow which limits the possibilities of what it can do. If they started again with some new talent and a tighter focus on continuity, it might work for the better. Although, it might not reach the same level of quality as early G4.

I doubt that G5 would get out of G4 shadow even if it wasn't a sequel.
That said, I do believe that Hasbro decided to make G5 a sequel to G4 because they wanted to squeeze FIM for all that it's worth, and that includes the fans, who without a doubt want to see a "what happens next".
Without the link to FIM, G5 would flop even harder than is doing now.

So, G5 was always doomed? Sad, but true.

D48

Yep. The fundamental problem is the staff. Hasbro has stubbornly refuse to recognize that G4's success was the result of Faust's insistence on quality, so G5 was always going to fail because the idiots running things just keep doubling down on their mistakes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10